join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Link Logger

Re: San Fransisco police getting drones

And now you can go to college to be a drone pilot

quote:
While most jobs flying drones currently are military-related, universities and colleges expect that to change by 2015, when the Federal Aviation Administration is due to release regulations for unmanned aircraft in domestic airspace. Once those regulations are in place, the FAA predicts that 10,000 commercial drones will be operating in the U.S. within five years.

Although just three schools currently offer degrees in piloting unmanned aircraft, many others – including community colleges – offer training for remote pilots. And those numbers figure are set to increase, with some aviation industry analysts predicting drones will eventually come to dominate the U.S. skies in terms of jobs.
»openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/20···ams?lite

Welcome to the future, or as one of our drones said to me, 'flying meat bags are endangered species'. I must admit I was concerned about the Arnie picture in its hanger with 'Traitor' written below it.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
Calgary, AB

Don't leave your windows open, not even just a little bit otherwise I'm flying this into your house for a look around.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WBUVYZk···youtu.be

This technology is getting better all the time as well as cheaper.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

Link Logger See Profile, if you, by posting your last three in a row solo posts here, try to sell your drones to us or recruit new drone pilots, you're in a wrong place. And this forum is not a billboard for your selling pitch. It's just getting ridiculous to see all that spam, don't you think?

Meanwhile, I'll just repeat the question, that you've avoided to answer:

said by OZO:

I know that you, trying to sell the drones, don't care. But ask the rest of the people. Do they want to see your drone to go vertical right above their heads?

--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

Sorry not selling drones, and not looking for drone pilots, but trying to educate people that this technology is moving far faster then most people could even imagine in so many ways. I am one who agrees with James Burke in that unless people understand what is going on with technology, they won't be able to understand where its going or be able to influence it. In a few short years drones are going to be everywhere and doing a lot of things, some things you might like and some you might not, but once the cat gets out of the bag, it ain't going back in it.

Blake
--

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Link Logger:

...once the cat gets out of the bag, it ain't going back in it.

That depends on the cat and the bag...
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to Link Logger

Not every new technology should or will survive. For example, in past century some folks were excited to see how their feet fit new shoes right in the shop. Of course, later they discovered, that the X-ray, while being a new and "wonderful" technology (as some, selling it, pitched that at the time), could be very dangerous... But wisdom usually comes after an excitement.

While policing us from the sky could, for some, seem "exciting" new technology, I'm confident that people don't want to see new drones starting falling from the sky right on their heads...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...