All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
selece
join:2008-01-16
canada

selece

If I were to cancel my Bell landline at home...

Like the subject line says, if I were to cancel my Bell landline at home, what (if anything) do I need to do to keep my DSL as is?

Additional info:
- 416 area
- High Speed DSL 6

... have been contemplating switching to cellphone only... I did a little bit of a search on the forum, but asking again doesn't hurt I think

Thank you ~

Trisomy21
join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON

Trisomy21

you'd need dry loop, price depends on the band rate of the area.
So at the very least you're looking at $7.25 a month.

Dry Loop Band A $7.25 / month
Dry Loop Band B $9.10 / month
Dry Loop Band C $10.22 / month
Dry Loop Band D $10.98 / month
Dry Loop Band E $15.91 / month
Dry Loop Band F $16.20 / month
Dry Loop Band G $25.10 / month

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to selece

Premium Member

to selece
You will need to switch to Dry loop which means the service technically needs to be reactivated and its an additional monthly cost of approximately 9-10 $

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to selece

Premium Member

to selece
said by selece:

Like the subject line says, if I were to cancel my Bell landline at home, what (if anything) do I need to do to keep my DSL as is?

Additional info:
- 416 area
- High Speed DSL 6

... have been contemplating switching to cellphone only... I did a little bit of a search on the forum, but asking again doesn't hurt I think

Thank you ~

If you wish to know the exact price you would be paying for dry loop please feel free to message us in the direct forum with your address and I'll qualify it.

Jayb
@nextdimensioninc.com

Jayb to selece

Anon

to selece
If you cancel your Bell line you're effectively removing the loop your DSL travels on to your home. You need to order(because it's a new service, not a switch) to a Dry Loop DSL service and coordinate the install with the removal of your landline which will by extension cancel your internet.

In most cases things go smoothly, but be prepared for a few days downtime which [u]COULD[/u] be a possibility if the Bell techs get things mixed up as it does happen from time to time.

-JB
selece
join:2008-01-16
canada

selece

Much thanks to everyone for your answers!

I shall forward this over to the direct forum for exact prices ~

I'm hoping this will be fairly painless if we go through with it...
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop

I thought Bell was having a promo with TPIA's where Dryloop fees were waived with new activations?
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to selece

to selece
said by selece:

Additional info:
- 416 area
- High Speed DSL 6

Thank you ~

a satantic demon appears bellowing large bits a smoke and says "and you thought the cute beavers represented bell" muahhahahahaha
funny0

funny0 to Trisomy21

to Trisomy21
said by Trisomy21:

you'd need dry loop, price depends on the band rate of the area.
So at the very least you're looking at $7.25 a month.

Dry Loop Band A $7.25 / month
Dry Loop Band B $9.10 / month
Dry Loop Band C $10.22 / month
Dry Loop Band D $10.98 / month
Dry Loop Band E $15.91 / month
Dry Loop Band F $16.20 / month
Dry Loop Band G $25.10 / month

thats a rip off as bell doesnt charge that to its own customers thus the costs of net are inflated by the dry loop band cost.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to Dunlop

to Dunlop
said by Dunlop:

I thought Bell was having a promo with TPIA's where Dryloop fees were waived with new activations?

TPIA = cable, no dry-loop fee.

There was a wholesale promo in early 2011 where activation fees were waived for subscribers upgrading from ADSL1 to ADSL2/VDSL2 tiers. Many people upgraded back then to avoid the $95 activation.

I do not remember reading about more wholesale promos since.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop

Sorry was alt tabbing at work, wrong terminology :P

There are no dryloop fees at ElectronicBox and I was reading a thread on digital forum where it was offered by Bell to IISP's in Quebec and Ontario to curb the exodus of people to cable.

Nothing more substantial to back it up though.

I would recommend going what ever route that does not involve paying a dry-loop fee
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin to selece

to selece
Also don't forget you may be routed on a much worse line where your signal takes a shit and your sync drops to 3 or worse.
Jaxom
join:2012-03-10
East York, ON

Jaxom

said by Riplin:

Also don't forget you may be routed on a much worse line where your signal takes a shit and your sync drops to 3 or worse.

As Riplin said, almost with a certainty, that Bell will at some point in the future pull you from the remote and put you on the CO.

If you can afford it switch to Cable instead and get Voip at home for your home phone. With VOIP.MS it is costing me less than $5 a month.
JeanInNepean
join:2012-09-19
Grenoble, FR

JeanInNepean to selece

to selece
To minimize downtime, get the dryloop installed first, and then only cancel your pots line.