dslreports logo
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
reply to jeffmoss26

Re: working with 2 post 42u rack

said by jeffmoss26:

In my experience:
10/32 - sound and video racks
12/24 or metric - data racks and server cabinets

The only place I've ever seen 12-24 are the screws that HP ships with their switches. I don't have a single rack anywhere that can take them.

Even my racks that have no threaded holes, came with cage nuts that take a 10-32 screw. Maybe they do things different in Canada.

I like using the 10-32 screws that Dell supplies with their servers. They have a large flat head and the threads are of good quality.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
Our wall-mount racks (wiring closet) are 12-24. Our pre-drilled "shit" rack (odd sized in every direction) is 10-32. 98% of my cage nuts are 10-32 (because that's what I bought), and the other 2% are 12-24... for the "really heavy" stuff.