Click for full size
It just keeps getting worse.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Why do you also have a "FAX Plan?" Unless you're a heavy FAX user you can almost certainly ditch that.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by garys_2k:

Why do you also have a "FAX Plan?" Unless you're a heavy FAX user you can almost certainly ditch that.

Maybe so, if you want to turn off call waiting and voice mail on your voice line. You would also need to arrange in advance for any incoming faxes to only be sent when you are physically near the fax machine to turn it on just for that fax, and then turn it back off.

There are some answering devices that can also automatically route incoming faxes to a fax machine, but the ones I have seen require that you allow that answering box to answer all calls (which may or may not be acceptable to everyone...and that still requires that call waiting and voice mail be disabled for the voice line). That is why I have a dedicated fax line which also can double as a remote X10 controller line using one of those automatic fax switches.

Back in the POTS days, I was able to save some money by using RingMaster numbers for such things as the X10 controller and the fax modem, and that allowed me to keep using voice mail on that POTS line (but not call waiting); but Vonage does not offer a RingMaster type service.

DukeNukem
@verizon.net

DukeNukem to garys_2k

Anon

to garys_2k
Because my wife works from home and needs it.
mahermusic
TRUMP LOST LOL
join:2001-07-06

mahermusic to DukeNukem

to DukeNukem
Well, you can always ditch Vonage, and set up the same lines, etc. with the local phone company. Just wait until you see what THAT'LL cost you...

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to DukeNukem

Premium Member

to DukeNukem
said by DukeNukem :

Because my wife works from home and needs it.

Ah, gotcha. That's a key reason to keep a dedicated line, then.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

1 recommendation

cork1958

Premium Member

Very key reason as wife MUST stay happy!!