elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Speaking of Loyalty

My contract is up in 60 days and I've begun the "negotiation" process. They're so fucken dense it's not funny.

As I've posted here many times, I've got a sweet sweet deal, and now they want to offer me less for more money, A LOT MORE MONEY.

Bloody thieves.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by elwoodblues:

Bloody thieves.

And some folks wonder why I've been ranting and raving about Rogers in the past. Just pathetic the way they do business.

Time for the government to step in and charge Rogers a 60% luxury tax on every dollar they rake in. That would make things change in a hurry.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Let us know how it works out.

I guess you're planning on keeping the old(er) phone?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I have a 3GS, they are now claiming that the plan has zero do with the subsidy.

Their big claim right now is "unlimited" incoming/outgoing, which frankly I don't need, I'm at a sweet spot with 300m of day time and unlimited after 6. I also have a 6gb plan which they want an OUTRAGEOUS amount of money for me to keep.

The FUD continues, they claim if I use more the 500mb of data Wind will cut off my service!

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

The FUD continues, they claim if I use more the 500mb of data Wind will cut off my service!

Na...not true. The issue with Wind, though, is questionable speed. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes not. Although it is good enough for YouTube and stuff.

Wind starts cutting you at 5GB if you're on their unlimited plan.

I have noticed a difference between Wind and Rogers: 1.2 GB of download with Wind registers as about 900 MB usage. 700 MB of downloads with Rogers usually registers as over 1 GB. That is what I personally found, anyway.

aaaaaaaa
@rogers.com

aaaaaaaa to elwoodblues

Anon

to elwoodblues
I have wind with unlimited data. Gone over 2gb a couple times and never seen a speed decrease (They have a soft cap). If you never leave their zones it's probably worth it to just switch.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Typically I'm in the zone (so to speak) all the time, I have family outside the zone, which I visit every so often.

I dropped by a Wind Store today to inquire as to their return policy, I'll probably hit them up mid Feb to check out a phone and the service before I tell Rogers to pound sand.

There was some discussion about porting the number out, do I or don't I mention it to Robbers?

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

If you're out of your contract, don't mention it to RoGeRs. Let Wind port the number for you, let RoGeRs figure it out or call them once you know your number is working...

I got Wind when the had their $29 unlimited plan (local calling and data). I'm doing LD calling using VoIP services. (Basically make a long distance number local to you) I started with VoIP.MS but also trying this: »www.localphone.com/servi ··· _numbers -- it works very different from VoIP.MS (since they give you your OWN number -- which is forwarded to my frequently called numbers) with the link provided, they have shared numbers which basically reads your caller ID (or if you input PIN from an unrecognized phone). However, you can create as many contacts as you want. 5 cent for SMS message, 1 cent per minute calling. So if I call (519)-578-0944 it will be forwarded to (419)-893-5565 (your number) but if someone else calls that (519) number, it might forward to (212)-738-0922, that would be Katherine Heigl's number. (and please don't try calling it)

I mention this because you're a cheap bastard. Like me. Their $40 plan is unlimited everything, so that $11 extra may be worth it for you..(unlimited everything includes calling your redneck friends in Mississippi.

Anyway: Wind Bill

Rogers Bill (2 services, Wind had two services on on Bill)

34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by J E F F4:

I mention this because you're a cheap bastard.

So if you don't like being ripped off but instead receiving good deals you're a cheap bastard?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Jeff is being sarcastic, my fiscal postings in Canchat/Politics speak volumes to my cheapness.