join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Lar

Re: [IA] Surfboard 6121 a good modem?

said by Lar:

The reason that it might be good for a cable provider to be able to upgrade your modem is because from my understanding only the ISP is capable of doing these upgrades on your modem.

If it ain't broke (and it ain't) Mediacom does not need to try to fix it via firmware.

IMO a 6121 firmware "upgrade" is only going to benefit Mediacom, not me. They would have control over a modem I purchased.

mike1965
Geek4rent

join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

said by Lazy Senior:

said by Lar:

The reason that it might be good for a cable provider to be able to upgrade your modem is because from my understanding only the ISP is capable of doing these upgrades on your modem.

If it ain't broke (and it ain't) Mediacom does not need to try to fix it via firmware.

IMO a 6121 firmware "upgrade" is only going to benefit Mediacom, not me. They would have control over a modem I purchased.

The ability to push firmware out WILL help you in the event a change in the system or other issue caused you issues....I have had terrible issues here with both the SB6120 and SB6121.........so far a cisco modem has been running good....
--
Free computer help »geek4rent.us

Fire Fighter Forum »firetooltrader.com

Southern Illinois Business Directory »www.thesouthernillinoisguide.com