dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
alanisrox69
join:2005-03-29

alanisrox69 to MagicalPig

to MagicalPig

Re: [DVR] Multi Room DVR with Own Router?

said by MagicalPig:

I have the same ASUS Router. My MR-DVR is working fine (2 DVR's 3 STB's). No special setup. I do not have a Actiontec in the equation.

Is it possible that something in the Actiontec is creating a conflict?

Without the Actiontec, how are you getting Guide data?

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig

I have Ethernet going from the ONT to some adapter box (Forget the name - It kind of looks like the Motorola DCT but it's not that, it is made by Motorola though) then that box goes to the cable splitter via coax as well as a Ethernet run to my router. I think that is the setup. It was installed like that many many moons ago, prob around 2005 even before TV was available in NJ.

With this setup I do not need the Actiontec. I believe it is documented in the FAQ on the possible router setups.
alanisrox69
join:2005-03-29

alanisrox69

said by MagicalPig:

I have Ethernet going from the ONT to some adapter box (Forget the name - It kind of looks like the Motorola DCT but it's not that, it is made by Motorola though) then that box goes to the cable splitter via coax as well as a Ethernet run to my router. I think that is the setup. It was installed like that many many moons ago, prob around 2005 even before TV was available in NJ.

With this setup I do not need the Actiontec. I believe it is documented in the FAQ on the possible router setups.

What model are your other boxes? Mine are all the Cisco (SA) DVR boxes....

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig

I have Motorola Boxes.