how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

funny0

join:2010-12-22

1 edit

funny week....ya know 1.5 years data loss

So ok its an average week in the life on disability , well not this one.

I got up and received a letter that my disability is being reduced form 996 to 400$?
I go in and to my lovely shock they "lost" 1.5 years a records.
NOW good thing i keep receipts cause losing 1.5 years a records does the following

all you rent receipts are gone there fore they paid you rent money you aren't entitled too....( i only got disability since august )
and suddenly im looking at a 7144 overpayment.

OUCH you say ..glad you kept those receipts....its worse.
My dad sold the house i used to live in and either they sold it or bikers from the hells angels motorcycle club bought it.

So here i am in a govt system with a biker address NOT paying rent.
HRMMMMM
now im a getting a tad bit angry....and freaked out.

So went in a week ago last friday and showed them my receipts and explained reality to them...nicely
I was told that "the rent part of my check would be direct deposited separatly and that all was fixed.

I get another letter in mail showing they finally are paying me for trips to my doctor i pay 45$ they give me 34 , times 3
at bottom is overpayment of 7144. ( thats what tipped me off it wasnt fixed. THE new letter is a 400 direct deposit called ARREARS
for 400. thats all i have got ...?where is the other 596 dollars?
and why does it say at bottom of that

overpayment 7544 ( INCREASING )
and they want me to sign up and start a self employment program , ya know start your own business with 7500 in fake debt?

good thing eh that when ya get on disability they back pay you for the difference between welfare and disability.
IT means i have enough cash at my disposal to hire a real lawyer .

NOTE after the 600,000 student loss of databroke on the cbc website....2 days later in fact it was also reported that 5000 disabled were also affected and off the privacy commissioners website a whopping 250 govt employees are missing data or whatever

there is no god damn excuse, and see how they try and cover there butts while i suffer
so now im in a place of pay rent and dont eat while i pay the lawyer

fuck you govt its all funny cause i have all the proof yet im still having the overpayment show up.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Astounding isn't it. You think it's bad now, wait to see if a certain right wing politician's party gets elected and watch what happens.

I'm assuming you are in Ontario.

funny0

1 edit
reply to funny0
cringes
well i ironically got 7644 going form welfare to disability NOT even the fill 2 years they owed my bt law but i let it slide and took the cash

THIS story about that gets crazy too
i had my mail opened and inside on that day was the date time and place to pick up the 7644 dollar check

paranoid yet LOOK up at address issue...
and hten i dealy picking it up get hold of dear ol dad and i run around getting all my id

birth certificate in one business day COST 65 $
sin card 35 dollars 9 business days
then get bank account at same bank as my father
move funds into

month later i get this crap happen
and im going to vote NDP next time no way to conservatives and i think its time for a change from liberals

very nasty....and my thoughts on that address are:
A) fed govt uses me as probable cause to go pester bikers
me gets hurt
no like that
B) dont use me for your stupid war on drugs ok i dont do them and it make more sense to tax people on it like beer
-----
996 ( disability amount ) - 596 = 400
400 times 24 = 9600
9600 -7644 = 1956 they stil technically owe me
if they force me to a court ill add this....
AND YOU tax payers get to pay for that...see and im in a conservative riding federally and liberal provincially.

mpp is whom i talk to on this issue in case anyone else has same issue.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by funny0:

Your tax cuts at work.

funny0

said by elwoodblues:

said by funny0:

Your tax cuts at work.

actually th ebirth certificate was very fast but i did online for extra 30$ ??????? it should be other way around cost you 60 for old way and be cheaper for online what a frakin rip off BUT it came in one business day
say 1-5 online wise ...
and reason i didnt have such was being on welfare waiting for disability last 8 years i never needed is i had worker give me a paper ten went to bank to cash cheque
disability REQUIRES a bank account

so here i was with a opened letter some one knew i had a 7644 cheque and no place to put it till i got hold a my dad...hahahaha
i was armed i tell ya ( not a gun but a knife and cane ) everywhere i went ....

also try getting a hold of your worker on disability
YOU CANT
im told to walk in and see her on mondays so i went in yesterday and to get verification that they claim its all solved i have to see worker , whom ironically is in a meeting

YEA im off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of lawyer/mpp
will keep filling this in as i go as it shows the cracks in systems so others may learn and not get as stressed out as i am.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to funny0
1. I thought rent paid was independent of budgetary need for ODSP?

2. Hells Angels were not involved in that house chronoss but Vagos, or as loosely termed the Pammet crew under a potential patch to Vagos.
Expand your moderator at work

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to peterboro

Re: funny week....ya know 1.5 years data loss

said by peterboro:

1. I thought rent paid was independent of budgetary need for ODSP?

It is calculated seperately but it is capped. So if your rent is over the cap you are paying out of pocket from your personal needs amount. If your rent is under you don't get extra.

Some people get the rent portion paid direct to themselves (and then they pay the landlord personally). As well people can optionally choose to pay direct from ODSP to landlord.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by graniterock:

It is calculated seperately but it is capped.

I was under the impression that OW was capped at $375.00 and you had to substantiate you spend that every month and ODSP is paid at $1020.00 irrespective of the amount of rent paid.

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to Anon

(topic move) funny week....ya know 1.5 years data loss

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 6 followups to it), have been removed.

yeeesh

@videotron.ca
reply to peterboro

Re: funny week....ya know 1.5 years data loss

375$ for rent? How the F@ck does the gov of Ontario expect you to live on that?

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by graniterock:

I was under the impression that OW was capped at $375.00 and you had to substantiate you spend that every month and ODSP is paid at $1020.00 irrespective of the amount of rent paid.

ODSP caps shelter payments to $479 for an individual. If you pay less than that you cheque is reduced. For example if you only pay $400 in rent your overall cheque would be $79 less than the same person paying $500 in rent.

»www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/progr···ves.aspx

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to yeeesh
said by yeeesh :

375$ for rent? How the F@ck does the gov of Ontario expect you to live on that?

There are lots of rooms fro rent in crack dens where you can share a bathroom and kitchen, if there is one, with a variety of interesting people.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to graniterock
said by graniterock:

ODSP caps shelter payments to $479 for an individual.

I see, more than generous then. $475.00 will get you a room in which your roommates may not even be crackheads but just alchies and crazies.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
said by peterboro:

said by graniterock:

ODSP caps shelter payments to $479 for an individual.

I see, more than generous then. $475.00 will get you a room in which your roommates may not even be crackheads but just alchies and crazies.

Maybe in Peterpatch...
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

2. Hells Angels were not involved in that house chronoss

Nice catch.
--

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

Maybe in Peterpatch...

Ok I'll bite, what does $475.00 get you in the Un Sound?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

Maybe in Peterpatch...

A McMansion.

funny0

reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by graniterock:

they lost all my rent records , they paid me the rent ergo they tried to say i owe 1.5 years rent money

i was on welfare for 1 year of that time
regardless and the one guy mentioned its vagabonds NO
that house is down the street on a corner
lol
and UNTIL recently that guy Bennet WAS a loner ( Hells angel )

hm

@videotron.ca
Don't you have legal aid or something that can help you?

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to funny0
said by funny0:

they lost all my rent records , they paid me the rent ergo they tried to say i owe 1.5 years rent money i was on welfare for 1 year of that time

I believe there is a reg in OW that says documents in the control of third parties cannot effect your eligibility.

said by funny0:

regardless and the one guy mentioned its vagabonds NO that house is down the street on a corner
lol and UNTIL recently that guy Bennet WAS a loner ( Hells angel )

Bennet is our mayor. The club on Perry are the Vagos MC. There are no HA proper in Peterborough since the Loners supported affiliate on Lansdowne west left. The official Loners MC are further down Park near Staples now with no ties to the HA that I can ascertain.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to hm
said by hm :

Don't you have legal aid or something that can help you?

That is completely within the mandate of Community Legal Clinics in Ontario which one of our esteemed posting colleagues, nefcanuck, works.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to peterboro
I think he should also file a complaint with the OPC and/or PrivCom since private information has been lost.

Few things he should be doing...

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
In Ontario it would be IPC and I doubt it would get the usual shrill shriek of condemnation that the media whore Cavoukian reserves for highly public breaches. He is a lowly OW recipient in Ontario that everyone would just as soon crawl under a rock and not enjoy any rights.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

Maybe in Peterpatch...

Couch surfing.
--

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
said by DKS:

said by peterboro:

said by DKS:

Maybe in Peterpatch...

Couch surfing.

That's actually better than what $475 a month would get you here in Mississauga. That amount generally gets you a room without any legal protections if the person that rents it to you wants you out immediately (that's when you share a kitchen or bathroom with the person that you pay rent to)

I'm always frustrated dealing with clients in those situations because they're at the mercy of the person who wants them out

NefCanuck