Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to atsak

Re: MLPPP with Cable and DSL

Caneris/Acanac were the only ones who ever implemented MLPPP over disparate connections. My understanding is that they basically run a PPP session over a VPN on the cable line, and bond that to the PPP session from the PPPoE session. This is all custom code.

Considering the lead developer quit Caneris quite some time ago, I'm not sure that they're still working on this. If they haven't, you're SOL; your only other option might be to run PPP-based VPNs on all connections and bond them (like IPSEC or PPTP). Nobody really supports bonding connections with different speeds very well (that was part of the Caneris/Acanac solution), so you'll be stuck in lowest-common-denominator territory.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

We do intend to refresh our MLPPP service in the next several months. This will include new hardware and bug fixes.

atsak

join:2012-03-24
Oakville, ON

said by Acanac Inc:

We do intend to refresh our MLPPP service in the next several months. This will include new hardware and bug fixes.

Can you support multiple IP's etc like I've outlined? This is actually a killer small business app in many ways.

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON

We can support your IP setup. Please keep in mind that our Cable DSL bonding is official still in Beta.

devcore

join:2008-07-26
Pickering, ON
reply to Acanac Inc

said by Acanac Inc:

Are you saying that the code (source in particular) hosted off »www.fw5.net/ might get refreshed, or will it be Acanac-specific binary only update?

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON

The source. (FW5.net) We have not given up on the project.