All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Fleeced
join:2012-10-06

Fleeced to Mele20

to Mele20

Re: [TWC] Why did the name change?

You do realize that TWC JUST dropped the RR branding? Yes, all the websites related to the email itself are still road runner branded (Because that's going to magically change overnight!), but none of TWC's internet services are RR branded anymore. There is no "Road Runner Turbo" or "Road RUnner Lite". IT's now TWC Lite INternet or TWC Extreme Internet.

Just because the email has yet to shift doesn't mean TWC hasn't rebranded it's services. They have, and switching from rr.com to any new "unified" domain or whatever they're planning on moving to isn't going to be easy nor quick. These forums have NOT jumped the gun on anything.

Transitions are never easy. I know people who still use embarqmail.com even though Centurylink bought them out ages ago. Some people will never change from their .rr.com email addresses years into the future even though TWC won't give them out anymore.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Fleeced:

Transitions are never easy. I know people who still use embarqmail.com even though Centurylink bought them out ages ago. Some people will never change from their .rr.com email addresses years into the future even though TWC won't give them out anymore.

The 'attbi.com' domain was used for years after Comcast bought AT&T Broadband Internet. But it remained an AT&T property, and was eventually phased out of use by Comcast. Because Warner Bros. still owns the Road Runner, I suspect that, as Comcast was paying AT&T to continue to use 'attbi.com', TWC will be paying Warner Bros. to use '*.rr.com'. At least until TWC phases it out for something like '*.twc .com'.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Fleeced

Premium Member

to Fleeced
said by Fleeced:

You do realize that TWC JUST dropped the RR branding? Yes, all the websites related to the email itself are still road runner branded (Because that's going to magically change overnight!), but none of TWC's internet services are RR branded anymore. There is no "Road Runner Turbo" or "Road RUnner Lite". IT's now TWC Lite INternet or TWC Extreme Internet.

That is not true. Their services are STILL Road Runner. I guess you never access RR Help. I do and it is a still ROAD RUNNER site. Why hasn't that been converted? Taking off the RR logo and changing Help and Member Services to TWC should be easy....but it has not been done. It stiil reflects the Road Runner trademark and the site is "help.rr.com" not "help.twcinternetservices.com" or some else as crappy.

Are you saying that if I go to my account that I won't be able to create a new RR email address? What will it be? We have not been notified that we cannot create any new RR addresses. I now can have 25 email addresses instead the 10 limit when I had standard RR.
TebTeb
join:2009-01-28
Reynoldsburg, OH

1 edit

1 recommendation

TebTeb

Wow... it's the name of a forum/brand; i'ts not the end of the world.. my god
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2

Better to vent here than to Customer Service, increasing handle time. I've worked for different cable companies and heard all sorts of complaints. One customer stated the last 4 zip code numbers on the return bill address were incorrect, and persistently requested to speak with highest management to ensure the mailed payment would be received. A very long call.