spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NO2RIAA

@tresourcegroup.com

boo RIAA

If a song was 10 cents and a cd was 3-7 bucks with no DRM I would pay, 12-24 dollars for crap music or 2-4 songs that are good go to hell. Sadly today's artist are just a face behind a voice synthesizer.

Mark my words: They wont stop until they have a system when you pay an annual tax, more like EU for tv. I bet then they will be happy

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY

Deja Vue The Music CD-R Tax

Yes the RIAA tax on evil Audio CD-R's that are only used by pirates and their idea to convince everybody that only "Audio" CD-R's would work for music recording. Har-de-har-har and this direct tax to make up for lost revenue pile of crap sure worked didn't it.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
- Mark Twain in Eruption

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to NO2RIAA

Re: boo RIAA

said by NO2RIAA :

Mark my words: They wont stop until they have a system when you pay an annual tax, more like EU for tv.

You do realize that almost all of those license fees are funding public radio and television services, similar to PBS and NPR in the US? And that, presuming you pay taxes in the US, you already essentially pay a similar tax even if you don't have a TV or radio, or watch/listen to such programming.