how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to Jobbie

Re: [PvP] DSLR Rated Battleground group.

Yes it will

Bradzor

join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO
reply to Cptbeatstix

well I would like to join if you have space, Ill post up my realID in a bit

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Jobbie#1227 is mine.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

have you been in the Izazil/Juicifruit RBGs? the guy is an ahole but destroys people, the chick is a priest healer, he also has another girlfriend on the group.. both chicks are hot!

Although they ask for "donations" to stream the chicks live playing WoW PvP.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Cptbeatstix

I've tried to get into some really low mmr rbg and got laughed at because of still having contender's and pve trinkets and weapons.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

One day you and Jobbie will win a 2s match.

And no one that wants to win RBGs will let you in without a trinket, lol.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

I mostly get feared in BG's. Will of the Forsaken FTW

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC
reply to Cptbeatstix

Never any alliance luv... =(

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
reply to Cptbeatstix

With everything going on, I can't schedule much for a little bit longer. Feb is going to be just as bad as January in terms of commitment.

A few things:

There are a few pvp only toons in the guild already, that would probably love to join in on this. Most of them being Savious's friends. Should mention something in the guild or I can put it on the MotD to contact you with questions.

Also if you have room, I wouldn't mind getting some gear and joining for a few battles. I used to be the best FC around Been awhile since I focused on PVP but changing it up sounds good to me too. Can you still convert valor to conquest?

If you can get Arch to join in, he'll completely shove peoples faces into the ground for you. that is again, if you can get him to log in :P
--
»Re: [game] Crazy Game - The Resurrection - Day 2
Corrupt Politician - tmodelt
You may privately message the rest of the mafia: ekster, Rook008 & Kristopher. You win with the mafia.

Cows

join:2010-02-27
reply to Cptbeatstix

Yea better off to get full honor and some conquest gear before trying RBG. Getting points in 2v2 till then is your best bet. Just tank your rating hard till you start getting teams you can beat.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

I am back!

So PvP madness can now start.

djlar

join:2009-04-23

Well my Spriest is almost fully pvp geared, and that's only I bought the gear to get into LFR.. LOL... still being smashed in 2 seconds by some loner warrior on the dominance dailies, we had to gather 3-4 guys to down him..

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4

So I have a question. I've been starting to dabble a little bit with my warlock in some BGs. She is 486 in PvE gear. For PvP gear, I only have the crafted Contenders. Which is the better set for me? And if it is hte PvE, how do I know at what point to start swapping out slots with PvP gear?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Contenders is the best gear for you to start pvp. What I am doing is having my full contenders and getting the offset pieces first (rings, neck, cloak, trinket) the will go with Dreadful while keeping an eye on 5.2 to be sure I am honor capped when it hits.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

ITSME

@pacbell.net

can someone explain how rated BGS work? sorry im new to PVP

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Kind of like arena but in battlegrounds. Win and your rating goes up. You need 10 people. They brought back the old school titles as well.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Cptbeatstix

I wish I could transmog the old school pvp gear =(.

Carpie

united state
reply to Jobbie

Thanks Jobbie for clarifying the Contenders vs PvE for me. As your PvE ilvl goes up you start to be such a dps powerhouse in PvE with the gear that I was left wondering if Contenders would really be better.

I saw the advice on spending honor points on off pieces and upgrading them before 5.2 so I'll go that route also. I was lucky enough to get a PvP cloak drop off of Sha my first time doing it (and nothing since lol) so I'm good there.

Carpie

united state
reply to Jobbie

Double post.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Carpie

said by Carpie:

Thanks Jobbie for clarifying the Contenders vs PvE for me. As your PvE ilvl goes up you start to be such a dps powerhouse in PvE with the gear that I was left wondering if Contenders would really be better.

It is really funny how easy is to spot a player in full PvE gear and just get to him and cut him to pieces.

One day I just had to say:

"hey!!! I killed a mage!"

Cptbeatstix was laughing really hard.
--

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

I felt sorry for that mage. He was all "ds;oaifhndskflnabsduifnab.adfvgsdfdsf" dead.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Last time it was a priest, I charged in with warbringer stun then used the "MASS DPS OMGWTF" macro Colossus smash + john fucking madden = 3 shotted priest. You guessed right he was in pve gear.

"MASS DPS OMGWTF" macro for the curious:

#showtooltip Recklessness
/use Avatar
/use Bloodbath
/use Deadly Calm
/use Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
/use Recklessness
/use Skull Banner
--

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to Cptbeatstix

said by Cptbeatstix:

I wish I could transmog the old school pvp gear =(.

5.2 patch - Pretty sure I read if you have the corresponding RBG rank you can then use the old PvP gear in the next patch.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

Are you sure? Last I checked you had to have earned it back in Vanilla. I'd love to run around in the warrior set and 2h Weapon.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

You are not allow to play anything else.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

Honestly, I would do pvp on my warrior if my rogue wasn't so much further progressed gear wise than him.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

bah

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Full Dreadful over the weekend, join in the fun!!

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX

Well, I'm off Sunday and monday. I'll probably pvp all tonight on my warrior and through the weekend. I could get full dreadfull pretty fast.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Report from the weekend:

Jobak - Warrior

* Full Dreadful set
* Banner of the Horde
* 1 Piece of Malevolent armor
* 1 Item Upgrade

End result 7000 Resilience (60% damage reduction) and 7200 PvP Power, my damage went to the roof and I can take a lot more damage compared with contenders but I am in a learning process since there is a lot I don't know from PvP.

Since I didn't see Cptn over the weekend we had to make another arena team to get to conquest cap, we went 5-5 for our first 10 games.

When I got to 1800 Conquest Points I saw that I was not getting anymore from random BGs or Arena. When I googled the reason I was really surprised that you to Rated Battlegrounds to cap every week, not sure if I like how it is since it is really hard to find a RBG at this level of gear.

I would like for us to start a Horde DSLR RBG team since it would be great to get to play with you all.

So if you are interested in participating with us, send me a PM here or add me on Battle Net Jobbie#1227

PvP is awesome.
--