spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sani

@cottsystems.com

UltraTV eqipment

I am considering upgrading to the "UlltraTV" and was wondering what equipment is included in the bundle price...mainly, are any receivers included or do I have to add those extra

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Included with the price is the gateway and up to 2 media extenders. The gateway can't be used as a STB, it's basically the hub and serves up the media to the extenders. It also acts as the cable modem/router and wireless access point. The 2 media extenders are your STB's and are included. Any extenders beyond the 2 are an extra charge, I think $15 a month? Not sure as I only use the 2 that are included... it's a steep charge for an extra STB.

Sani

@cottsystems.com

So since I have only 2 HDTV's this would be all I need...thank you AlexE4

AlexE4

Park Ridge, IL

Yup, no problem! With 2 TV's you'll be set.

Sani

@cottsystems.com

AlexE4...are you satisfied with "UltraTV"...(sorry to bother you again)

AlexE4

Park Ridge, IL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

For the most part, yes I'm satisfied. Compared to the other SA boxes available, the UI and functionality is far superior in my opinion. Having used both iGuide back with Comcast, and the UI on the SA boxes, the UltraTV blows both away in my opinion. I'd recommend it any day of the week, and I've only run into a few compatibility problems here and there. For the average user, you shouldn't have an issue though. Many people say the wireless function on the gateway is pretty weak, and I'd agree there. An easy solution is to pick up a wireless access point and just disable the wireless in the gateway all together. Either way, I'd recommend UltraTV.

Sani

@cottsystems.com
reply to AlexE4

Sorry, one more question AlexE4...how satisfied are you with it

AlexE4

Park Ridge, IL

Can't tell if you double posted or what but I'm very satisfied with it for the most part, if you were asking again.

Expand your moderator at work