how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to liquoranne

Re: [Classes] Druid 5.2

Also, not sure if any Guardians are prowling this forum, but with the 5.2 changes to mastery, will it become useful again? The rest i am pretty confident about as ive been playing around with guardians for a few weeks now.

On a note, i still see people reforging differently. Saw one guardian that had all reforges to mastery and another with all reforges to dodge.....no clue

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
I've seen mostly crit heavy Guardian builds, mainly because rage generation is an issue until you get some pretty amazing gear. Even the current BiS bonuses are based on spending rage, so prioritizing rage generation will allow you to make the best use of those bonuses. Since we don't find Agi gear with Dodge on it, you have to gem/reforge for it.

If Mastery is just being buffed to provide more armor, I'm not sure that is going to change the landscape a great deal, since bears have a lot of armor in bear form. I'm still gearing my resto/guardian, so my input is limited to what I read at theIncbear and the like.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

liquoranne

Yes i dunno. If the buff to mastery is apparent, it might be a better stat than dodge (just thinking). Being bear's dont block and no loger have absorb shields from mangle crits, (atleast that i have noticed) more armor would make the physical damage less spiky. Limiting your reliance on dodge roll modifiers and more on set reduction amounts just seems better.....again not sure.

I am currently gemming/reforging to hit/exp/crit. Im sitting at 40% crit in bear form unbuffed....Rage hasnt been a problem for keeping up my dodge active and having some spare rage for heals/mauls when needed.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
It's the spell dmg and bleeds that will hurt the most. Right now we do well against physical dmg without the extra armor. We'll see.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

liquoranne

Havent tanked much here lately....but in previous tiers, armor mitigates bleed damage as most of it is physical. Not sure if this is still true. If so, it will be useful to have more armor....

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to liquoranne
Currently the general consensus is to stack Crit for an RPS build. There are a few still using a mitigation build and there is discussions on how a haste build could be beneficial, however this seems to stay in the 25m raids.

Overall most stats sound like they are going to stay similar in 5.2 with the note of maybe needing 2 sets if you Heroic raid.

"...when dealing with Melee damage you will want to stack Haste/Mastery pieces after Hit/Exp capping in 5.2. This means that you will end up building more than 1 tanking set if you’re a heroic raiding Guardian. One for RPS/DPS, and another for mitigating pure melee hits."

»theincbear.com/monday-round-up-d···-24-2012
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego