spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sofakng3

join:2007-08-25
Kingston, PA

[Anveo] Does Anveo still have free porting? (and re: Asterisk)

Does anybody know if Anveo is still offering free number porting?

$2.00/month for unlimited incoming seems almost too good to be true. (plus $0.80 for E911 outgoing)

Also, I'm thinking about setting up a small Asterisk PBX at my house and using Anveo. This also has the benefit of having Anveo notify me if my home is offline so Anveo can still let users connect to my cellphone or leave a voicemail, etc.

Is anybody doing anything similar?

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: [Anveo] Does Anveo still have free porting? (and re: Asteri

Free porting still available for personal unlimited:
"You can port a phone number in US or Canada to Anveo free of charge. The phone number must be ported to 'Personal Unlimited' or 'Office Unlimited' rate plans with 12 month pre-payment."
You can use Anveo on Asterisk and I'm pretty sure all what you need are doable but I'll leave other to comment on this, I didn't try yet something like that.

Hal Houston

@optonline.net

Re: [Anveo] Does Anveo still have free porting?

said by Dan_voip:

"You can port a phone number in US or Canada to Anveo free of charge. The phone number must be ported to 'Personal Unlimited' or 'Office Unlimited' rate plans with 12 month pre-payment."

On the same page it also says:

SPECIAL OFFER! Port a phone number in US or Canada for FREE to 'Personal Unlimited' or 'Office Unlimited' rate plan with 12 month pre-payment for the phone number. (porting request must be submited before the end of 2012)

»www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_d···#howlong
(See the red letters that say: SPECIAL OFFER!)

Too bad, sorry.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Anveo
·VMedia

said by Hal Houston :

Too bad, sorry.

The porting authorization form still shows free porting. I would be surprised if Anveo turned anyone away who requested the free porting offer.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

wideglide36

join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·voip.ms
reply to sofakng3

I'm going to port one of my GV numbers to them and I asked Anveo support about the free number porting if you signed up for a year in advance and chose the Personal Unlimited phone.

They said that I could in fact get my GV number ported for free in that scenario.

So, to get my number ported to them for a year with free incoming calls would be $24.00.

Add on the $0.80/mo. for 911 and any outgoing calls you make and that's it from what I understand. Heck, I blow more than that on pizza.

I already have an account with CC and Voip.ms and wanted to round out the testing with Anveo.

I don't use any of the services that much yet as I wanted to learn more about them before making a decision on which one or ones to keep. Call quality will be a big factor so I really need to start using the services more.

I am impressed with the support I received at Voip.ms, but navigating all the various options and features is a little daunting at times. I'm easily daunted.

Callcentric's site seems a little easier to me and I'm hoping to learn my way around the Anveo site as well. We'll see?

Sorry for straying OT.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

3 edits
reply to grand total

Re: [Anveo] Does Anveo still have free porting?

said by grand total:

The porting authorization form still shows free porting....

....and it now shows an updated expiry date of April 1st, 2013 for this offer.

Some other parts of the form may have been updated too, but I have not checked this one yet to determine the exact changes from the version of the form which I used to get my port-in done, which at the time showed an expiry of 2012-10-01, though they accepted it from me at the end of last November.

Both contain a spelling error : 'loosing' should be 'losing' (carrier).

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to sofakng3

said by sofakng3:

Does anybody know if Anveo is still offering free number porting?

$2.00/month for unlimited incoming seems almost too good to be true. (plus $0.80 for E911 outgoing) ....

It IS a very good deal.

Add the outgoing per minute charges, and it's STILL a bargain, especially for calls from Canada to Canada at about half a cent per minute.

They DO charge to dial out to toll-free numbers, but no worse than a cent a minute, IIRC.

They also charge .9 of a cent per lookup if you enable incoming caller ID name lookups (CNAM), so that sort of becomes a flat fee per incoming call if you use it.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

2 edits
reply to wideglide36

said by wideglide36:

....I am impressed with the support I received at Voip.ms, but navigating all the various options and features is a little daunting at times. I'm easily daunted.

Callcentric's site seems a little easier to me and I'm hoping to learn my way around the Anveo site as well....

The CallCentric site is the cleanest and most logically laid out site, though it also has the most info, including an absolutely wonderful FAQ, from which you will learn much about VoIP in general.

Anveo's site ? - Prepare to be daunted ! - Some things about their site are just plain annoying/confusing/incomplete/missing - and sometimes multiples of those issues all at once - simultaneously, E-ven.

But once you get to know them, their features are very good - AND, helpful folks here, such as Arne, are sometimes worth their weight in jelly doughnuts, bacon-wrapped tenderloins, Jack Daniels, or whatever happens to be your poison of choice at the time, in explaining things about Anveo - check his post history and it won't be long before you see a post where he has 'undaunted' somebody about something.

VOIP.MS ? - Oddly, they are Canadian, and so am I, but I use the other two providers which you mentioned. - VOIP.MS has a generally decent reputation around here, as you will read.

BTW, check this link for reviews about most of these providers »/gbu

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

said by Davesnothere:

Anveo's site ? - Prepare to be daunted ! - Some things about their site are just plain annoying/confusing/incomplete/missing - and sometimes multiples of those issues all at once - simultaneously, E-ven.

I have to disagree with you here. Please remember that Anveo mainly is a business service provider, not a residential service provider.

Business customers do require more features than residential customers do and the web portal needs to reflect that.

Personally I find the portal extremely easy to use and navigate. Piece of a cake.

said by Davesnothere:

But once you get to know them, their features are very good - AND, helpful folks here, such as Arne, are sometimes worth their weight in jelly doughnuts, bacon-wrapped tenderloins, Jack Daniels, or whatever happens to be your poison of choice at the time, in explaining things about Anveo - check his post history and it won't be long before you see a post where he has 'undaunted' somebody about something.

Thanks for your kind words. I better stay away from jelly doughnuts, bacon-wrapped tenderloins or Jack Daniels, not good for your health.
--
My VoIP News

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

said by Arne Bolen:

....Personally I find the [Anveo web] portal extremely easy to use and navigate. Piece of a cake.

Their portal is not too bad.

I was critiqueing their public website.

And speaking of cake, make mine Black Forest !

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

....I better stay away from jelly doughnuts, bacon-wrapped tenderloins or Jack Daniels, not good for your health.

Moderation, my friend !

Portion control - and that goes for the cake too.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

Their portal is not too bad.

I was critiqueing their public website.

And speaking of cake, make mine Black Forest !

I also find the public website a piece of a cake. Black Forest it will be.
--
My VoIP News

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

Moderation, my friend !

Portion control - and that goes for the cake too.

I prefer to see two digits only on the scale.
--
My VoIP News

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

I also find the public website a piece of a cake. Black Forest it will be.

Naturally you do, but you are a veteran of it, and that's much of why I understand it better.

I just keep reading here about others' first impressions of it, and they are the same as mine originally was.

That is, until YOU explained....

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

What are we weighing here, the person or the cake ?

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

I just keep reading here about others' first impressions of it, and they are the same as mine originally was.

That is, until YOU explained....

I understand that. But I also assume most users here are residential users, not business users.

For business users Anveo is heaven. No matter what your needs are, Anveo is likely to satisfy your needs.
--
My VoIP News

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

said by Arne Bolen:

What are we weighing here, the person or the cake ?

A good question. I don't know about you but I prefer the person getting two digits and the cake three digits...
--
My VoIP News

sofakng3

Kingston, PA

Thanks for all of the replies everybody!

I'm suprised that you say Anveo is geared more towards businesses though. I saw a post on here talking about a deal between Anveo and Obihai regarding e911 service and since Obihai is basically only for residential I'd say that Anveo is definitely in both sides of the coin.

Anyways, thanks so much for the help! I'll probably put in my number port request today.

wideglide36

join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·voip.ms
reply to Davesnothere

Davesnothere,

Appreciate your thoughts as well.

I know Arne as well as a few others are very helpful and I've learned quite a lot from their posts. Thanks guys.

The reps from the various voip providers who take the time to post on here are also very helpful. Much appreciated.

PX is always helpful, especially with matters concerning CC.

BTW, haven't seen a post from PX in awhile, hopefully all is well.

Arne says it's a piece of cake?

Wow! Now I really feel stupid. Thanks a lot Arne. LOL!!!

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
Planet Earth
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to sofakng3

said by sofakng3:

I'm suprised that you say Anveo is geared more towards businesses though. I saw a post on here talking about a deal between Anveo and Obihai regarding e911 service and since Obihai is basically only for residential I'd say that Anveo is definitely in both sides of the coin.

Most of the features Anveo offers will be of no or little use for residential users, but those features are loved by business users.

Anveo will of course not forget the residential users, as you can see with the deal between Anveo and Obihai.
--
My VoIP News

swarner

join:2008-02-08
Hamilton, ON
reply to sofakng3

To get back on track ... yes Anveo does still offer free porting for US and Canadian numbers ... to their Personal Unlimited rate plan.

For $24 you get free incoming calls ... E911 is an additional $.80 per month and incoming CID is $.009 per call (if you choose to use it)

I'm a personal user of their service ... signed up for a test account over a year ago and spent 4 months trying the service before I ported my home number to them.
I've found the service to be more than adequate for our needs ... sound quality has been good and we've had no service interruptions.
Outgoing domestic rates are more reasonable than Callcentric and Voip.ms (both highly regarded here). In the interest of full disclosure ... I have accounts with both Callcentric and Voip.ms.

The visual call flow is easy to get used to and offers everything that a home user could want.

sofakng3

Kingston, PA

Thanks for the information everybody!

Expand your moderator at work