Re: VISA Account Updater

»www.newsy.com/videos/new ··· stomers/

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Oh, a charge the STORES can impose, I see. Oh well, back to AMEX and debit cards if I start to hear that kind of noise.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay

MVM

I don't use my debit card and Amex is not accepted in many too many places, so it's not as easy as it looks for me.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

1 edit

1 recommendation

Phoenix22 to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
more here.......Here's a follow up story to jaykaykay's link.

»blogs.findlaw.com/law_an ··· rge.html

The thing is that credit card processing fees can really add up for small merchants. For many business owners, it's tough to pass these costs down to the consumer indirectly.

Under the settlement's terms, any merchant that imposes a credit card surcharge must:

Post a notice at the checkout,
Post a sign on their storefront, and
Disclose the fee on receipts as well.

Online merchants must notify customers about credit card surcharges as well.

But these new surcharges won't take effect in every state. Because of existing state laws, you won't be seeing these added surcharges in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma, or Texas.

And American Express users won't be seeing these surcharges, either, as they go against AmEx's own rules for merchants. Nor will debit card users, as the settlement applies only to credit cards.

Furthermore, many large retailers have indicated no plans to take advantage of these new rules. According to the New York Daily News, Walmart, Target, Sears and Home Depot have indicated that they have no plans to add the surcharge.