Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

AnyPlay not available, is slingbox OK

I just got off the phone with Direct Support and I would like to know if using a SlingBox would violate the Comcast terms of service so I could get TV on my iPad.

What should I do, wait for AnyPlay to be launched or should I get a slingbox. Any advantages to either.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
Anyplay only works in the home for live TV. Slingbox allows you to watch your cable box anywhere you have an internet connection including live TV, DVR and on demand.

radiocolin

@comcast.net
You have no worries with Slingbox. Been using one since 2010 and I love it.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to The Q
said by The Q:

Anyplay only works in the home for live TV. Slingbox allows you to watch your cable box anywhere you have an internet connection including live TV, DVR and on demand.

I am just wondering if I should go the Slingbox route instead of waiting for AnyPlay to be launched.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
said by IowaCowboy:

said by The Q:

I am just wondering if I should go the Slingbox route instead of waiting for AnyPlay to be launched.

understood. I was pointing out that slingbox has much more flexibility in viewing opportunities and is available now (with a single upfront cost compared to anyplay recurring monthly cost).

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:5
What about the video quality?