Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON

[INTERNET] jan 29 outage?

My internet went out last night for 1/2 hour... Tried calling in and sat in queue for the entire 1/2 hour... It comes back up for 5 mins so I hang up, only to have it go down again for another 15 mins. I tried calling in a second time and still couldn't get through.

Twitter said Welland was out, and the second time I called in, it said Burlington was out... Any idea what happened yesterday?

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1

maintainance

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
reply to cog_biz_user

What time was that? I didn't even notice it...

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON

said by coaxguy:

maintainance

that took out entire cities, without notice?

said by urbanriot:

What time was that? I didn't even notice it...

just shortly after midnight.

yepp

@cgocable.net

How do you know it was the entire city? Did you go door to door lol.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to cog_biz_user

said by cog_biz_user:

Any idea what happened yesterday?

I looked through some reports, but didn't see anything. Without a location to look up, I can't really go too much deeper. Sorry for the inconvenience however!

WarningU2
Premium
join:2002-10-27
Burlington, ON

I can confirm it was exactly at 00:05 ... figured it was time to go to bed and stop watching ... never mind.

kittyburgers

join:2012-01-31

Yes, it was down for me as well in Hamilton for about 40 mins or so. Perhaps a blessing in disguise for WarningU2 ... dirdy-birdie!

MysticGuitar

join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Cogeco_Aaron

said by Cogeco_Aaron:

I looked through some reports, but didn't see anything. Without a location to look up, I can't really go too much deeper. Sorry for the inconvenience however!

The problem appeared to have affected both the internet and telephone services, which both went out at roughly 12:10 AM ET.
The television remained mostly unaffected.

The general area seems to be Burlington and Hamilton, as well as a few surrounding areas. (ie. Flamborough)
It's also worth noting how a friend who lives out in Belleville also had this outage, but her television went down as well. Her outage was far shorter than mine, lasting less than a minute.

killerjay1

join:2009-12-26
Hamilton, ON

ive been out of internet since 10am, im posting this with my phones hotspot...... im in hamilton, whats going on!? do i get some kind of credit for this bs?!

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON

Saw this on cogeco's outages site.

Current outage(s):
Affected Services Status Info
Television
Internet
Telephony
VOD
Reported since:
2013-01-31 09:44:03 If you have no Cable TV, Internet, or Digital Phone service, please be advised we are currently investigating an issue in your area, and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. Affected Street: King William St,Clyde st and surrounding streets