spc
uniqs

SB783
@66.119.191.x

SB783 to Anon12

Anon

to Anon12

Re: [BC] TELUS High Speed Turbo 25 Usage being reduced 50%

Forgive me Anon12, but if I have to choose between you and pfak, I'll go with pfak, who has stated that Telus will begin gouging in the fall. Personally I have no doubt that Telus will enforce their ridiculous caps and the first additional charge I receive will be that last as I will be gone to Teksavvy. They can take the entire Optik package and ......

IamTed
@telus.com

IamTed

Anon

Exactly.

I will drop telus as soon as I get my first overage bill.

I was paying for 25meg service/500 gigs allowance per month..
Now we get to pay more for less.

Guess what Telus....
You lose

Anon12
@telus.net

Anon12 to SB783

Anon

to SB783
So will I but pfak as far as i know does not work for telus, and was just speculating. I also dont recall him saying its coming in fall in this thread?

As for why they would lower the caps, is this still happening, last i seen in this thread the note to lower the caps was missing.
Ikarasu
join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC

Ikarasu

If pfak says it'll happen... I'm sure one of his Telus friends who's in the know has told him. So don't expect him to cite a source....

Theres no reason they would lower caps, and then not enforce them. I do however doubt they'll charge the expensive rates they have listed now - I presume they'll follow in bells steps, like they do for Cells - Offer an unlimited plan for premium, and sell block accounts for those who don't "Need" premium.

On a different note.

Shaws 25M comes with 250 Gb... No wonder Telus is lowering it.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not waiting to see if they'll enforce it, when they likely will. I'm going to try to get out of my yearly contract.

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4 to Anon12

to Anon12
Anon12,
while pfak didn't post that info in this thread, he did here: »[BC] 80% of my current usage for an extra $13/month?

Pfak has been a reliable source of accurate info for years, I have no reason to begin doubting him now.

I guess , in the fall, we'll see if he's correct.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

2 edits

Kruisey

Have been seriously thinking about this theme.
The TV is a the money maker and the moment Internet is due to the fact its being used as a TV for viewing.
Would folks that use just internet be willing to pay more just for that to get unlimited use say $95 per month?

I don't know how that' not due' got into my thread gremlins at work now corrected
Kruisey

Kruisey

When I sign in my correction in above shows' due to'.
When I sign out a 'not due' is there in the post.
"it should read 'Due to the Fact that TV '
Have edited it twice.
fatguy
join:2006-07-21
Edmonton, AB

fatguy to Kruisey

to Kruisey
.....the business side has unlimited 25/5 for ~85 a month, just for the sake of comparison & that includes your choice of primary hardware (combo dsl modem/router or pure dsl modem) and a preconfigured 4G modem as backup. I would pay that.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Then if that was available to the home subscriber also it would solve this problem.