Premium
join:2009-09-18
Weaverville, NC
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to siljaline

Re: [Updated] K-Lite Codec Pack 9.7.4

Thanks for the heads up!

I really wish they would do an auto updater...seems like I have updated four or five times this month....wow!

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 edit

said by george357:

I really wish they would do an auto updater...seems like I have updated four or five times this month....wow!

You have to ask yourself if you require these updates or are you just updating for the sake of updating. If everything you require is working correctly as it has been... and each incremental release doesn't add or fix anything of value... there is little point in updating now is there?
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

The changelogs reflect what is contained in the newer build.
Th onus is on the user of the software if they choose to update or not. This forum supports software updates.

george357
Premium
Weaverville, NC
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to Dustyn

I figure that since I have both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of K-lite installed, I just want to make sure that the next time I go to watch something everything is working perfectly. Honestly, I never even look at what the fixes are for with this or a few other of my primary applications, just update it.

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

said by george357:

I figure that since I have both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of K-lite installed, I just want to make sure that the next time I go to watch something everything is working perfectly. Honestly, I never even look at what the fixes are for with this or a few other of my primary applications, just update it.

It pays to look into those release notes to help decide whether or not the update is even required for your setup as K-Lite is frequently updated. I rarely update this codec pack myself.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

george357
Premium
Weaverville, NC

Any specific reason why that is the case?

Dustyn
Premium
Ontario, CAN

Older hardware primarily. Windows XP-32-bit. On Windows 7 64-bit I don't require or need K-Lite. But when using K-Lite with XP I'll update if I see a stability improvement of some kind or perhaps an improved version of a codec. Or, if there was some kind of security issue that was found in K-Lite that would be a top reason for me to update. Other than that... updates are occasional. I haven't found notable differences in between the incremental releases.--

george357
Premium
Weaverville, NC

1 recommendation

That does make sense, may try it that way for a while. Thanks for the info.