how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

[PvP] Macros for Rogues (PVP)

Anyone have any useful macros for pvp? I have one for a mouseover for blind, but I need some that don't require me losing sight of my target I'm trying to kill.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

#showtooltip Sap
/cleartarget
/targetenemyplayer
/cast Sap

#showtooltip Shadowstep
/cast[mod;alt,@focus] Shadowstep; Shadowstep

#showtooltip Kick
/cast[mod;alt,@focus] Kick; Kick

#showtooltip Blind
/cast[mod;alt,@focus] Blind; Blind

#showtooltip Dismantle
/cast[mod;alt,@focus] Dismantle; Dismantle

#showtooltip Ambush
/cast Premeditation
/cast Ambush

#showtooltip Garrote
/cast Premeditation
/cast Garrote

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
/cast[@mouseover] Tricks of the Trade

#showtooltip Shadow Dance
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Shadow Dance

(Only use 13 & 14 if you're human, otherwise it'll use the wrong trinket)

Just a few starter macros.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Don't have premeditation. Most of the 2700+ rated rogues aren't using it. Your last one is my 1-macro lol. Has shadow blades in it as well. I just link the trinket name instead the slot number. That way if I switch the trinkets around I don't have to worry about it. Plus, like you said for the human, don't want to waste it on the medallion when there isn't a need. I'll definitely be using some of these.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
Sub is still the primary PvP spec - so you should have Premed. However I don't know what spec will be the cookie cutter for 5.2 yet.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to Cptbeatstix
Meh, I'm bad at wow. YOLO

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to Cptbeatstix
I think you meant preparation.. anyway. Fogive me if actual macros aren't formatted entriely properly, im not near a client atm.

Dont use shadow blades and dance in the same burst window.. sure its a little bit of a dps boost, but really takes away from the advantsages of dancing..

Ambush, find weakness allows attacks to bypass 70% armor, shadow baldes is 100% as it does shadow dmg vs physical dmg, you better off staggering the cds though..

personally as almsot every character I have is an engineer I also have /use 10 macrod into my dance / shadowblades as the trinket has a longer cd, and If i stagger them the second still gets a small burst option.

Once prep is baseline you should probably you a burn all cd's macro with prep, that way the cd's you may have missed can get used. (side not that using said macro easily allows opponents to know youve used prep)

#showtooltip preparation
/cast dismantle
/cast sprint
/cast vanish
/cast preparation

A redirct kidney macro is always a good choice. With the next patch this will likely also use a Marked for Death Kidney macro to begin your knock out flurry.

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] redirect
/cast [@focus] shadowstep
/cast [@focus] kidney shot

or

#showtooltip Marked for Death
/cast [@focus] Marked for Death
/cast [@focus] kidneyshot

Just a few more ideas...

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

3 edits
Same concept as Arsinic's

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] shadowstep
/cast [@focus] kick

Both are off the GCD.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Yeah, I've got A LOT of practice to go. When I post my UI, you'll see what I have key bound so far. Using bg's to get used to them since some of the people I got against suck at pvp anyway or they just extremely out gear me.