share rss forum feed

AVonGauss
Premium
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL
reply to mackey

Re: [IPv6] Comcast IPv6 Address Assignment/Delegation

said by mackey:

RFC 6177 says ISPs should issue something significantly larger then a /64 and "the default assignment size should take into consideration the likelihood that an end site will have need for multiple subnets in the future and avoid the IPv4 practice of having frequent and continual justification for obtaining small amounts of additional space."

I need more then a single /64. I shouldn't need to justify requesting something as tiny as a /60. Back on page 1 jjmb See Profile said the default size later this year will be a /60. Why are you guys even thinking about doing that if you feel no one has a valid reason for getting anything larger then a /64?

/M

A bit of an over reaction, no? It was simply a question asked, not a demand for justification on how or for what purpose are you planning on using it - a fair question. I'd be willing to bet if we really took a look at it, this would fall more under the "I want to tinker" category, which is alright, but lets not masquerade it as something which it is not.