All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Bark
join:2006-03-19
Grand Junction, CO

Bark to AndrewW

to AndrewW

Re: Giganews less reliable, best alternative?

said by AndrewW:

The days of sticking with a single provider and expecting near perfection in terms of completion are over at least for now.

Urbanriot is not willing to pay for more than one usenet provider and says so in the Newsbin forums.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by Bark:

said by AndrewW:

The days of sticking with a single provider and expecting near perfection in terms of completion are over at least for now.

Urbanriot is not willing to pay for more than one usenet provider and says so in the Newsbin forums.

Not true! The post you're referring to is now dated and that's not entirely what AndrewW was suggesting.

In the other forums, I was responding to the suggestion to pay for two usenet servers whereas some other blokes there, along with AndrewW here, has suggested block servers + an alternative usenet server so it's not exactly the same as paying for two full usenet servers.

When I made my original post in the other forum, I hadn't heard about the idea of block servers. I've learned a bit since then

But as of this post right here, I kind of like AndrewW's suggestion of going with a bunch of servers or an alternative fill server. Maybe even keeping Giganews but dropping to a cheaper plan...