spc
uniqs

Awol
@cogentco.com

Awol to WiMax

Anon

to WiMax

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

I sent him some emails, but they aren't executing or sending... My phone doesn't work. I can basically go browse the internet at a 1990's speed, good think this site is simple and doesn't have no ads or graphics or I prolly couldn't complain here! Wife is gonna give Start a call tommorow I think!

WiMax
join:2003-07-12
Canada

WiMax

IT's back up just before 7p.
Downtime: 6hrs
Month to date uptime: 99.14%
Uptime industry standard: 99.99%
Differential: -0.76%
Reason: Scheduled Maintenance
Date scheduled: December, 2012.
Communication Factor (iKtel - Client base) 0
Reputation Factor: Off the scale.

Chromosome
join:2013-01-29

Chromosome

It's been back up for me since about 2pm but the speeds are extremely slow. I can't even attempt to run any web based speed tests - the pages simply will not load.

A simple 'Scheduled Maintenance' on their homepage and an email is all I really ask for. I always find I have to email them asking if there is an outage. Hoping with this move it improves their professionalism or sadly I'll be looking for another provider.
loyd
join:2012-09-24
Toronto, ON

loyd

It started around 4pm, but it's unusably slow. SpeedTest does not even load, had to work on this single PC with Wind phone attached.

We have been without internet since 2am last night.

Perhaps this is acceptable in Nigeria, but not here. Who let this guy to Canada ?
Expand your moderator at work

Chromosome
join:2013-01-29

Chromosome to loyd

to loyd

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

From their website it sounds like services have been fully restored - outage states it was yesterday. My speeds however are still brutally slow. Anyone else experiencing this or has your speed returned to what it was before the outage?

Thx

sandy
@cogentco.com

sandy

Anon

said by Chromosome:

From their website it sounds like services have been fully restored

IP from Washington, DC and speed of about 1kB/sec, even from Google. I don't think it was restored.
sypius
join:2012-03-29

sypius to Chromosome

to Chromosome
My speeds are backup to normal, have you powercycled everything? After outages I always have to powercycle for it to work.

Celery
join:2004-01-19
St Catharines, ON

1 edit

Celery

Disregard.
loyd
join:2012-09-24
Toronto, ON

loyd

Finally got the internet fully working sometimes between 6-8pm last night, so full outage was over 40hrs.