WiMax
join:2003-07-12
Canada

WiMax to hunh wut

to hunh wut

Re: iKtel Contact Info for complaints

said by hunh wut :

hunh? What switchover?
Did the guy just dump all customers and split?

Don't think i'm following the story here...

They have vacated Niagara Falls and moved to Burlington. The downtime today is because they are switching over their data center to the new Burlington location from Niagara Falls. Fact remains that they knew about this three weeks ago and didn't bother to advise customers that they would be without service today. Also, even thought I think their customer service and communication is non-existant, Cogeco IS playing games with them. This is a very BIG job doing the final cutover. Typically this is done after hours and on weekends. Cogeco will do this for any of their partners in off peak hours with the exception of iKTel. Cogeco is trying to put them out of business by making iKTel look bad. They simply don't want any competition using their own infrastructure. It's not rocket science when you see that Cogeco received CRTC approval for the HIGHEST TPIA tarriff rates in Canada and they are higher by a country mile! Cogeco is making it impossible for everyone, even some of the bigger boys like Teksavvy are getting screwed by Cogeco. And all Cogeco is laugh all the way to their Quebec bank! Cogeco is the ONLY reason that I would support Quebec separation. ANYTHING to get rid of these whackos!

Ac093005
@184.151.61.x

Ac093005

Anon

So did I just get screwed out of the deposit I paid them to come hook up my Internet tomorrow? Is the company going under or something?

WiMax
Canada

WiMax

said by Ac093005 :

So did I just get screwed out of the deposit I paid them to come hook up my Internet tomorrow? Is the company going under or something?

Yes, you got screwed. iKtel won't be coming to hook you up

Ac003005
@184.151.61.x

Ac003005

Anon

How do you know all this? Do they have a Burlington number? Is this going to e a small claims court thing to get my $ back?

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug to WiMax

Anon

to WiMax
said by WiMax:

said by hunh wut :

hunh? What switchover?
Did the guy just dump all customers and split?

Don't think i'm following the story here...

They have vacated Niagara Falls and moved to Burlington. The downtime today is because they are switching over their data center to the new Burlington location from Niagara Falls. Fact remains that they knew about this three weeks ago and didn't bother to advise customers that they would be without service today. Also, even thought I think their customer service and communication is non-existant, Cogeco IS playing games with them. This is a very BIG job doing the final cutover. Typically this is done after hours and on weekends. Cogeco will do this for any of their partners in off peak hours with the exception of iKTel. Cogeco is trying to put them out of business by making iKTel look bad. They simply don't want any competition using their own infrastructure. It's not rocket science when you see that Cogeco received CRTC approval for the HIGHEST TPIA tarriff rates in Canada and they are higher by a country mile! Cogeco is making it impossible for everyone, even some of the bigger boys like Teksavvy are getting screwed by Cogeco. And all Cogeco is laugh all the way to their Quebec bank! Cogeco is the ONLY reason that I would support Quebec separation. ANYTHING to get rid of these whackos!

I would assume Cogeco would charge more for an off-hours move. A charge that iktel would likely be to cheap to pay for considering their history here, and would prefer to piss off the lose customers instead (as you yourself state up above).

This sounds like the more reasonable explanation.

The rest of your post seems off and a little wacko, to me.

*shrug*
loyd
join:2012-09-24
Toronto, ON

loyd to WiMax

to WiMax
said by WiMax:

They have vacated Niagara Falls and moved to Burlington. The downtime today is because they are switching over their data center to the new Burlington location from Niagara Falls.

WiMax, so what's this ultra-slow internet we are gettin ? It's like 90'ties when entire campus run through one modem. Did they already move or what ?

Btw. even if Cogeco is jerking them around, that's not an excuse for what they are doing. If this outage was known, this guy should be fined through his teeth.

WiMax
Canada

WiMax

said by loyd:

said by WiMax:

They have vacated Niagara Falls and moved to Burlington. The downtime today is because they are switching over their data center to the new Burlington location from Niagara Falls.

WiMax, so what's this ultra-slow internet we are gettin ? It's like 90'ties when entire campus run through one modem. Did they already move or what ?

Btw. even if Cogeco is jerking them around, that's not an excuse for what they are doing. If this outage was known, this guy should be fined through his teeth.

They have moved, Internet and phone is back but you are correct, not giving any advance notice is inexcusable. He knew exactly when the move was to take place weeks ago.

To add insult to injury, he had the audacity to email a friend of mine today that sent him an email asking why the phone service was down for four days. Here's Alan's reply, an exact quote:

"There was really no problem with the phone system, it was our internet system that was imparted."

And a little while ago he followed up on my complaint with this:

"Our phone did not even work, we could not even open up a browser or email."

How does an ISP stay in business when they can't even access their own systems? The answer to that question probably doesn't take a rocket scientist to answer and further evidenced by a CSR at an Ontario ISP that said to me today, "So that's why we had so many new iKtel customers switch over to us this week."

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to WiMax

Premium Member

to WiMax
said by WiMax:

Cogeco is trying to put them out of business by making iKTel look bad. They simply don't want any competition using their own infrastructure. It's not rocket science when you see that Cogeco received CRTC approval for the HIGHEST TPIA tarriff rates in Canada and they are higher by a country mile!

They are not the highest for TPIA.4th I think after rogers bell videotron. As fo iKtel well you buy a noname service you get the same service back