Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Racom

@comcast.net
reply to PeteC2

Re: [Rant] Comcast Treats Long-Time Customers Like Garbage

said by PeteC2:

Well, I do understand. Nobody likes paying an increase for anything...however, what commodities/services never go up in cost?....

Bandwidth and anything related to moving bits. People costs, like wages and benefits, went up an average of 3 percent in 2012 for US workers. I imagine Comcast employee increases by and large fell along that line, although Brian Roberts and the executive team were probably due for a bounce in 2012 total compensation after taking pay cuts the year prior.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Racom :

said by PeteC2:

Well, I do understand. Nobody likes paying an increase for anything...however, what commodities/services never go up in cost?....

Bandwidth and anything related to moving bits. People costs, like wages and benefits, went up an average of 3 percent in 2012 for US workers. I imagine Comcast employee increases by and large fell along that line, although Brian Roberts and the executive team were probably due for a bounce in 2012 total compensation after taking pay cuts the year prior.

...and there you go! So bandwidth and related service did go up in cost, if the associated employees had any rise in wages/benefits (Particularly if their health-care costs increased like mine did last year...that would account for well over that 3% figure).

Tomato's pretty much grow the same year after year, however the costs incurred for planting, maintaining, harvesting, and then transporting most certainly do not remain static...and historically, they go up.

The real issue would be is the price increasing beyond normal market forces or not...I don't even begin to pretend that I have the answer to that, but I suspect that based on usage and actual number of customers, broadband access prices are not that onerous.

Actually, I do not have a single friend, associate, or family member that does not have some kind of broadband access. That would lead me to think that either (a. One can not live without broadband access - which clearly is not true, or (b. Broadband access prices are at least within reason for most folks, as I associate with a fairly wide range of people with a fair spread of income levels.
--
Deeds, not words