Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to humulu

Re: Can't Ping, Router & Ports

OK, I just did a limited port scan for basic common TCP ports to the IP address you posted as being used by your router R1, and I did not get a ping reply, or responses on ports 80 or 443. In fact, i can get no ping or traceroute to the entire 45.190.10.70/29 subnet, and a whois query returns "IANA-RESERVED".
EDIT: Oops, I just noticed that you said that you modified your IP information before posting.

Do you have your SMC firewall settings like the image below?

While the SMC firewall for the static IP addresses does work (I have used it myself in the past), it might be best to temporarily disable it for testing.

Just for grins, you might want to browse from your S1 server to my »portscan.dcsenterprises.net and do the port scan test to see if you get a response on ports 80 and 443. (and to also see if my server sees the correct IP address for your R1/S1.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

humulu

join:2013-01-28
San Mateo, CA

I did indeed change the public IPs as mentioned in the previous post. In the meantime I purchased another router to put the SBS behind that router/firewall so I can disable the firewall on the comcast box. That did the trick and everything works now, i.e. ping and access to the website. Thanks!

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by humulu:

I did indeed change the public IPs as mentioned in the previous post. In the meantime I purchased another router to put the SBS behind that router/firewall so I can disable the firewall on the comcast box. That did the trick and everything works now, i.e. ping and access to the website. Thanks!

I found that the Comcast gateway box's static IP firewall can be setup to work with multiple IP addresses, but it is nonetheless a very rudimentary firewall (with no logging that is visible to the customer), and your secondary firewall is probably a better choice. Glad you got everything working.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.