spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Deb1an

join:2012-12-24

[Internet] Broadband Ultimate questions - Murphysboro, IL

I live out in the sticks over in Carbondale and I will be moving to Murphysboro. It seems I have to choose between Mediacom or Frontier. If I am right I believe Frontier delivers via VDSL2 and Mediacom through Docsis 3. Which one is better?

pittpete1

join:2009-06-12
Ask your neighbors first before signing any contracts with Frontier

Anonoman

@frontiernet.net
reply to Deb1an
I would go frontier over the long haul they are moving forward and fixing their issues - pay close attention to taxes and the mysterious othyer service charges and credits that is a single line item with no explanation of what it is

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
reply to Deb1an
pittpete1 is correct - ask your neighbors, ask as many as you can, before signing up with either carrier. Frontier in many parts of their network does not have a very good reputation so be sure and ask about their customer support also.

mcz

@mchsi.com
reply to Deb1an
i'm in Murphy' and have had very good service with mediacom.

jenni4um

join:2012-12-10
Henrietta, NY
reply to Deb1an
I don't live in the Murphysboro, IL area. But, I do know people in my area, who have VDSL2 and they don't have any issues.

I would agree with both Pittpete1 and Anonoman. Ask your neighbors as they are the ones who can tell you, how well it works. In addition, from past experience Frontier is always dedicated in improving any on going issues.

Frontier Fan