how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

z00mz00m

@rogers.com

Technicolor DCM476 work on TPIA?

Hi,

Has anyone purchased this modem to work with Teksavvy, Start or Acanac?

Checkout total is $94.49 incl. shipping.

DrugTito

join:2013-01-17
canada

Most of us use that modem.

yym7890

join:2007-10-01
Montreal, QC
reply to z00mz00m

No for QC

Expand your moderator at work

DrugTito

canada

Re: Technicolor DCM476 work on TPIA?

I think he meant that this modem is not approved in Quebec, in Ontario only ...

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to z00mz00m

As long as the firmware is STAC.02.50 it should be fine.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20

said by rocca:

I had one customer contact me about a modem bought at Canada Computers not having the correct firmware version. Only one implies that the vast majority of DCM476 units out there must have the correct firmware, but it is something to keep in mind.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of that firmware--I'd need an updated modem to work from.
--
electronicsguru.ca

DrugTito

canada

ask rocca to share one modem with you

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Teddy Boom

said by Teddy Boom:

said by rocca:

I had one customer contact me about a modem bought at Canada Computers not having the correct firmware version. Only one implies that the vast majority of DCM476 units out there must have the correct firmware, but it is something to keep in mind.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of that firmware--I'd need an updated modem to work from.

I can rip a copy from my DCM-476 for you here later this week, after my service switches over to a DCM-475 modem. And anyone in the Ottawa area can see me to have either model updated to the required version.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20

said by mlord:

I can rip a copy from my DCM-476 for you here later this week, after my service switches over to a DCM-475 modem. And anyone in the Ottawa area can see me to have either model updated to the required version.

Thanks, that would be great! Meanwhile, we keep forgetting to think about SMCD3GN
--
electronicsguru.ca

mlord

Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable

Still using the DCM-476 on the old ISP for the moment, but that'll go "black" at some point this evening, after which I can open it up and rip firmware -- likely on the weekend.

SMCD3GN ?

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
reply to rocca

i have thomson dcm476; STAC.02.50; is it the same as technicolor dcm476? when i ordered it from teksavvy they gave me this thomson modem instead so im not sure if its the same as technicolor or not... i was planning to move to start before within the next 2 weeks so i was wondering if i can just keep this modem since i paid for it already

mlord

Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable

Same modem, and yes it will work fine for Start.ca as well.

Oh, and we now have a copy of the 02.50 firmware image, so if anyone gets stuck with a DCM-476 with a different firmware version, it can be reflashed to what Rogers requires for use on their system (Teksavvy, Start.ca, ..).

Gary M

join:2013-02-15
Petrolia, ON

Hello. Where could I get a copy of the firmware and the software to load it? Thanks in advance.

mlord

Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Gary M:

Hello. Where could I get a copy of the firmware and the software to load it? Thanks in advance.

It's not quite that simple.
See here: »Upgrading Firmware on Thompson DCM475 (applicable to both the DCM-475 and the DCM-476).