join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Xcelerate Broadb..
·Windstream
reply to Bashlin

Re: Georgia ETA..??

So I asked in the direct forum about an update to my area. Today a tech comes to the house for some reason but unfortunately I'm in FL and wasn't really expecting a tech visit, so my dad told them the only issue we have is the peek time slowdowns. Well he tested the line at the DMARC and then persumeably to the DSLAM then he came back and explained that it was a latency outage (No Shit) anyways no was online or had any reason to be online till well after the tech left but I get a phone call because the internet was down after some over the phone trouble shooting turns out the modem can no long establish a PPP connection..

TL;DR

Checked on status of Peaktime slowdowns
Tech Get scheduled to visit, unknowingly to me.
Tech manages to kill the whole connection.
No internet for at least the night.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 4Gb DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600 (RTM) | Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL

1 recommendation

Should be called a legacy outage, equipment so old you only get legacy packets and not many of those.

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Xcelerate Broadb..
·Windstream
reply to Napsterbater
Well they got back to me in direct, apparently me asking for an update to a known outage caused some tech somewhere to look at my line and change some setting that now only allows PPPoE connections, I have been using PPPoA (or PPPoE at will) for years and it worked great until someone made a change that would have no damn positive effect on my service and of course I'm out of town until 2/7.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 4Gb DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Build 7600 (RTM) | Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

roycearnold

join:2006-09-27
Dry Branch, GA
reply to Piggie
said by Piggie:

Should be called a legacy outage, equipment so old you only get legacy packets and not many of those.

I think we should start calling it a "latency outrage".

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA
reply to Napsterbater
Well they set the encapsulation back to auto and I'm online again. only offline for about a day and a half :-/.