spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dsenatore
@verizon.net

dsenatore

Anon

[Northeast] CRC Errors on MI424WR Rev E

Im absolutely out of ideas on what it could be. All results point to issues with the router......at least i think so. So I've done some extensive testing on this. Generally CRC errors are either from bad memory and/or ethernet port on the computer. So i replaced both AND installed a wireless card for test purposes. I download these two 1 GB files from wireless at my office. Both extract fine with out any errors. Go home and do the same no issues. Downloaded file from ethernet port and received the CRC errors. Grabbed my laptop and did the same thing......CRC errors when hard wired to the fios router but no CRC erorrs when connected to the wireless.

At this point i believe its the router. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be or do you agree?
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

There are a couple other threads on here where people were receiving corrupted downloads if the files were over a certain size. They received new routers and it fixed the problem.

Open up a support ticket either on the Direct Forum here, Twitter, or call in and request a new router.

dsenatore
@verizon.net

dsenatore

Anon

Yeah, i actually just had them do that. When you say new router was it a different revision router our just a brand new one?
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

No idea if they got a different revision or not, but the "new" router they received fixed the issue in both cases.

dsenatore
@verizon.net

dsenatore

Anon

Well i just got the same REV E router and same exact thing is still happening. Could it be something going on from the ONT out?
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs

Physical Layer Ethernet can cause Errors and improper grounding can cause CRC as well.

are you hooked up ethernet or coax at the ont,