Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mdavej

join:2004-06-09
united state
reply to Acarney

Re: [HSI] NetFlix Open Connect CDN??

I don't think that's sufficient. Normal Netflix HD is also 1080p. You have to look at the bitrate. Run the "Example Short" and see if it ramps all the way up to 5800kbps.

I don't yet have any devices capable of Super HD, but I'll let you know if it works as soon as I get one.

CoolMan

join:2008-01-07
Tennessee
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Charter
·Suddenlink

1 edit
reply to Acarney
said by CoolMan:

I am still receiving "Your Internet Provider is not configured for Super HD yet." message when accessing that site.

I am no longer receiving the above message, I now see the following message: "Netflix Super HD will be available on PS3, WiiU, Windows 8, Roku, Apple TVs with 1080p, and select smart TVs and Blu-Ray players. More devices coming soon."

EDIT: receiving "Your Internet Provider is not configured for Super HD yet." again...

squashpile

join:2001-06-13
Birmingham, AL
Same message I'm seeing, but no Super HD.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Acarney
The "Your Internet Provider is not configured for Super HD yet." is back now

passerby

join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI
Also seeing that message again.

passerby

Monroe, MI

1 edit
reply to Acarney
Odd... I just started an pulled up an episode of FRINGE on my Roku and I just noticed it said "SuperHD" below the details of the episode, yet I'm still getting (as of yesterday) the "Your ISP is not configured..." from Netflix's website.

TV still shows 1080P/60 fps and data rates reported from my router for the Roku are consistent with SuperHD.

mdavej

join:2004-06-09
united state
Passerby, can you please try the Example Short I mentioned earlier? The 1080p/60 reported by your TV is meaningless since your Roku will send that no matter what the source material. It's really hard to tell by data rates because they come in bursts, not a steady stream.

I'm afraid, this may have just been a glitch on the Netflix site and that Charter isn't really Open Connect and probably never was.

passerby

Monroe, MI
My mistake. I wasn't aware the Roku was upconverting all content to 1080P/60. I also wasn't following your reference to "Example Short" until now. I ran it and the bitrate peaked at 3850 kbps.

Oh well...