how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anime44dotco

@sbcglobal.net
reply to darcilicious

Re: [Updated] [Free] XBMC Media Player 12.0 'Frodo' released

XBMC is great when you can gat what you wanna watch. Too many times you get error messages instead if the show(s) you want to watch. I gave up on it. Just don't enjoy staring at error messages.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Software media streamers like this do best with local content (DVD rips, etc). Many plugins to get at online streaming are "hacks" of various sorts and/or suffer from their own popularity.

If you're looking for a lot of online access, get a Roku (and maybe install Plex Media Server instead for local content -- there's a Roku channel for Plex, for example, so you can the best of both worlds).
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

darcilicious
I agree, I use Plex and love it. You can also install it on some TV's like my Samsung's. Works great.

But for a full HTPC with tuner , XBMC is good and flexible once you get it setup and working.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by mmainprize:

But for a full HTPC with tuner , XBMC is good and flexible once you get it setup and working.

The XBMC crew has definitely made some progress in the past year or so fur PVR/tuners. However, I invested in SageTV years ago and some awesome SageTV users wrote a Plex Server scanning agent so that SageTV recordings show up in Plex -- and for PVRs, there's nothing that compares to SageTV
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬