All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to Rook008

to Rook008

Re: [NFL] Super Bowl 47 Discussion (2 weeks)

Wheres the ray ray deer antler discussion?

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by f0rtys3ven:

He's just another Lance Armstrong.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

I seriously doubt the NFL will suspend the guy for using antler extract before his last game. Unless they make a deal with the player's union so that they can suspend him and immediately get the suspension appealed letting him play anyway.

I'm not sure why antler extract would be a banned substance anyway. From what I've read, all it does is help someone heal faster. Is there any reason why people wouldn't want someone to heal faster?

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

How do they test for this? Buck Spray?

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Same way you test for anything piss / blood test.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by f0rtys3ven:

I read a little bit more about the situation. Lewis has never failed a drug test. There is no evidence that he took the antler stuff. The guy that runs the drug company is claiming that Lewis took the stuff and is claiming that he has Lewis on tape agreeing to take the stuff. There's no way the NFL has time to investigate this fully before the game Sunday, so Lewis has nothing to fear. MAYBE if solid proof is presented it will affect his HOF status.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I'm not taking any sides on this. But I think it would be stupid if the NFL DIDN'T have enough time to investigate it before Sunday. You are a BILLION dollar entity/business and you cannot pay someone to investigate it? WTF.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

1 recommendation

Draiman to footballdude

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by f0rtys3ven:

I read a little bit more about the situation. Lewis has never failed a drug test. There is no evidence that he took the antler stuff. The guy that runs the drug company is claiming that Lewis took the stuff and is claiming that he has Lewis on tape agreeing to take the stuff. There's no way the NFL has time to investigate this fully before the game Sunday, so Lewis has nothing to fear. MAYBE if solid proof is presented it will affect his HOF status.

*cough...Lance Armstrong....cough*

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Draiman:

said by footballdude:

said by f0rtys3ven:

*cough...Lance Armstrong....cough*

Yes. Ultimately denials and no failed drug tests may not save Lewis if the accuser is willing to swear in court he gave Lewis the drugs.

And as an interesting side note PGA notable Vijay Singh has admitted using it. And that may get him suspended from PGA Tour for up to 1 yr. He is 49 yrs old; hasn't won in 4 yrs; and may have been taking it for the type of human growth hormone that is part of deer antler spray. Though he admitted using it, he claims he didn't know it was prohibited - LAME!!!

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by FFH5:

Yes. Ultimately denials and no failed drug tests may not save Lewis if the accuser is willing to swear in court he gave Lewis the drugs.

The company that sold it to him said they have voice mails and an invoice to prove it. It's over for Ray if the NFL investigates the claim. They might wait 10 years first like Lance though. Save the great PR for later you know.

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

And as an interesting side note PGA notable Vijay Singh has admitted using it. And that may get him suspended from PGA Tour for up to 1 yr.

I'm actually surprised that the PGA has a banned substance list. Being all hopped up on roids wouldn't help a golf swing much.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by footballdude:

said by FFH5:

And as an interesting side note PGA notable Vijay Singh has admitted using it. And that may get him suspended from PGA Tour for up to 1 yr.

I'm actually surprised that the PGA has a banned substance list. Being all hopped up on roids wouldn't help a golf swing much.

Pga drug list is more interested in drugs that can calm the nerves - things that can cure the yips on the putting green.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

»www.amazon.com/Deer-Antl ··· er+spray

Ray Lewis could have saved a lot of money. Guess the 4.99 shipping was too muhc?

footballdude
Premium Member
Imperial, MO

footballdude to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by footballdude:

said by FFH5:

Pga drug list is more interested in drugs that can calm the nerves - things that can cure the yips on the putting green.

Heard a quote from David Feherty. "If they ever find a performance enhancing drug for golf I'm going to be really pissed. Because I spent my entire career looking for one."