how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

insane to gut pots regulations

We have all seen how unreliable IP phone services are. I wouldn't bet my life on IP phone!

wingrider01

join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO

said by nonamesleft:

We have all seen how unreliable IP phone services are. I wouldn't bet my life on IP phone!

How true

neuronbob
THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS. NONE.

join:2000-03-30
Bedford, OH
reply to nonamesleft

Too true. I've cut back my PSTN line to just the basics.....but them's some reliable basics in an emergency. In my area, AT&T stopped its Project Pronto some time ago. Even though my house is only 10 years old, I can't get DSL....but the older houses next door can.

I'm on cable for Internet access....though if there were a viable FIOS solution I'd jump ship in a heartbeat.

It will never happen here, however.
--
neuronbob.com

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to nonamesleft

Depends on where you live. Back when my family moved in to our current house the phone was out for at least 48 hours a month, according to our neighbours it hasn't improved much. Where as with our IP based phone solution we have no, we've had much better service stability. Sure it took a bit of technological know how to set it up but it was worth it.

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Callcentric

said by me1212:

Depends on where you live. Back when my family moved in to our current house the phone was out for at least 48 hours a month, according to our neighbours it hasn't improved much. Where as with our IP based phone solution we have no, we've had much better service stability. Sure it took a bit of technological know how to set it up but it was worth it.

I use to have Callcentric, I got scairt off when they were having problems.