Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AnonFTW

@reliablehosting.com
reply to Kramer

Re: $100 a year to USE MS Office - lol

said by Kramer:

I'm very much interested in the improvements MS has made with IMAP in Outlook. Apparently they really worked on it to make the experience better.

If they have, I can't tell and I've been running Outlook 2013 for months. IMAP is still slow, buggy, doesn't push, and when new email arrives you get a toast notification ... but nothing in Outlook is bolded.

On the plus side, if you have an Outlook Anywhere connection (Exchange RPC, etc.) your username/password are now remembered properly.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
said by AnonFTW :

said by Kramer:

I'm very much interested in the improvements MS has made with IMAP in Outlook. Apparently they really worked on it to make the experience better.

If they have, I can't tell and I've been running Outlook 2013 for months. IMAP is still slow, buggy, doesn't push, and when new email arrives you get a toast notification ... but nothing in Outlook is bolded.

On the plus side, if you have an Outlook Anywhere connection (Exchange RPC, etc.) your username/password are now remembered properly.

Outlook has always been a POS since it came on the scene. Slow, buggy, cumbersome, and just a horrible experience.