Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Donfish
York Pa.

join:2009-07-15
York, PA

Guide went to 4:3 overnight (York Pa.)

Cisco RNG 150 HD in York Pa, my guide is now showing in 4:3 on all my sets, I have two of these boxes. Last evening guide was fine at 16:9.

Update again or what?

Thanks,

Don

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
said by Donfish:

Cisco RNG 150 HD in York Pa, my guide is now showing in 4:3 on all my sets, I have two of these boxes. Last evening guide was fine at 16:9.

Update again or what?

Thanks,

Don

sounds like you got the guide update where 4:3 guide display is the new norm on HD channels. some people have mentioned the 4:3 at comcasts forum:

»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···/1501473

It's always been that way on my Motorola DCH 3416.

neufuse

join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA
reply to Donfish
yeah I hate the 4:3 guide, the 16:9 streatched one was fine... actually filled the screen how it should..... we had the blue guide (iGuide) at 16:9 until this latest build turned it to 4:3

Donfish
York Pa.

York, PA
I checked the info on the boxes and there was a reboot last night at 4:04 am so that must be it.

Let's see we have a guide that looks like it was written in BASIC for a DOS machine, first upgrade they take away HD-passthrough now they downsize it to 4:3, I must be living life in reverse, the guide's getting more primitive with every upgrade. Oh well.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
I think pass through is back? So back to square one.

Donfish
York Pa.

York, PA
Yeah passthrough seems to be back but I didn't have time to run through known 720p channels to see.

I think wife hit the nail on the head as to the issue with 4:3 guide, the problem is you have an active screen on the side edges of the guide and a PIP going on at the same time making it a strain to focus on the guide overlay, at least with our old eyes.