shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

[Lehigh Valley] Internet Caps

I have a bunch of friends who have your local rival, Service Electric (Pen Tele Data), and they're receiving notices this morning of a 250GB cap on internet usage. They're charging a buck per Gigabyte after the 250GB cap is met. I've been recommending RCN to them since you guys typically service any area Service Electric runs. I don't want to recommend further if this is in your pipeline.

Can an unofficial "official" shed some light on if RCN plans to do something this ridiculous?
alanisrox69
join:2005-03-29

alanisrox69

PTD always had caps, nothing new.

RCN has never enforced any caps...

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

said by alanisrox69:

PTD always had caps, nothing new.

RCN has never enforced any caps...

They really weren't enforcing it until now it seems. I keep recommending RCN, but I don't want to look like an idiot if RCN decides to follow what PTD is doing.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44

Premium Member

They still are not enforcing it. PTD cap is only for primetime useage. It was just raised to 250 but there useage is only measured like 5 to 11 pm. The letter is just letting them know. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that has ever gotten charged a overage. Basically they just want customers doing heavy downloads during off peak hours. You would have to be a really super super heavy user and then they just kick you off. It was really low before something in the area of 100 GB it was raised 3 and half times or so. Bottom line is its actually more now and thats what the letter is about. being it only covers the evening nothing has really changed.