spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Twaddle
@sbcglobal.net

Twaddle

Anon

De-regulate ??

Where is ATT and Verizon going to run their FIOS lines etc if the PUBLIC decides that no more private use of PUBLIC right of ways such as surface poles, street level refrigerator boxes etc. Does ATT own the poles the land on which they and all their surface and below surface equipment reside? Let's see how cheap it is to buy the land and re-string infrastructure. I'm not saying that ATT isn't allowed to make a profit but to be allowed free reign is ludicrous. I waste my breath and time though because ATT already is paying off the the pimps and whores in Washington to make this happen!
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

The public you mean the state? The state would decide what happens or the local gov't not anyone else. Also the poles are either owned by the telco or the power company. And if you take away the rights to use the ROW AT&T could go to the court and just start taking land from you very easily. After all AT&T has more money than you do to fight.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Twaddle

MVM

to Twaddle
said by Twaddle :

Where is ATT and Verizon going to run their FIOS lines etc if the PUBLIC decides that no more private use of PUBLIC right of ways such as surface poles, street level refrigerator boxes etc.

That would also shut down electric (PG&E, an investor-owned private electric company) owns most of the poles, here. And signal controlled intersections; those "lawn refrigerators" aren't as intrusive as the signal light control boxes.