This is a sub-selection from New content looks interesting

JasonOD
@comcast.net

JasonOD to FFH5

Anon

to FFH5

Re: New content looks interesting

said by FFH5:

....HBO will jump in when the price point gets near $15/mo and it becomes worthwhile for HBO to cut the cable tie-in cord.

I think it needs to be higher, probably at least $20mo before HBO is going to be tempted. In most cable markets HBO retails for near or over $20 already.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by JasonOD :

said by FFH5:

....HBO will jump in when the price point gets near $15/mo and it becomes worthwhile for HBO to cut the cable tie-in cord.

I think it needs to be higher, probably at least $20mo before HBO is going to be tempted. In most cable markets HBO retails for near or over $20 already.

Comcast offers HBO for $10/mo for a yr to all existing customers.
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila

»forums.comcast.com/t5/Ch ··· p/983403

Promo's aside, in my Comcast market it's $18mo.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

It's $16/month on DirecTV. The cable company charges $16/month and $2 on each additional TV.
turnerbrewer
join:2011-11-22

turnerbrewer to FFH5

to FFH5
Pay $10 to Comcast for HBO and watch the whole season of Game Of Thrones via OnDemand over the weekend. Then cancel...
A friend of mine has HBO.. She lets me use her password for HBOGO .

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

1 recommendation

skeechan to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Cox charges $10 a piece if you get a 3 premium channel pack (eg HBO, SHO, Starz). Not too bad although there is nothing I find compelling on them any more. That died with Sopranos and Rome. Never got into Spartacus. Come to think of it, $30/mo and I never watch them. Time to call Cox.
« HBOBecome HBO »
This is a sub-selection from New content looks interesting