Search similar:

uniqs

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

AT&T wants the government OUT OF THEIR LIVES!

Oh, except when the government helps them out

"In an example of corporate welfare at its finest, AT&T effectively paid no federal taxes in 2011. In fact, thanks to lucrative incentives and corporate subsidies, the telecommunications company walked away with a giant taxpayer-subsidized $420 million refund." »stopthecap.com/2012/08/1 ··· -refund/
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

1 edit

gaforces (banned)

They are afraid that the govt will declare internet access an essential service, like many countrys are doing, and regulate them to provide service to areas they dont want to be in with service levels above what they currently offer in many areas.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

You mean, the government would force them to actually offer decent service to those that they currently offer?

And force AT&T to actually spend a little to provide service to others.....while being given billions in federal money each year?

Poor guys

neuronbob
Cavs NBA Champs 2016
join:2000-03-30
Bedford, OH

neuronbob to Bill Neilson

to Bill Neilson
If AT&T wants deregulation, then it needs to stop accepting my taxpayer dollars. End of story.

Shouldn't this be part of the spending debate anyway? Companies taking my money via taxes and not spending it in a way beneficial to taxpayers? SCREW THAT.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to gaforces

to gaforces
This will NEVER happen here. The FCC is too busy dealing with their media efforts and tied up too much in court to even worry.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS to neuronbob

MVM

to neuronbob
said by neuronbob:

If AT&T wants deregulation, then it needs to stop accepting my taxpayer dollars. End of story.

Shouldn't you also stop accepting taxpayer dollars? Next time you file an income tax return, don't take advantage of those lucrative loopholes.

Okay, that was just hyperbolic sarcasm. AT&T isn't cashing any government checks. But the government could tighten up corporate tax loopholes, if they weren't beholden to corporate political contributions.

Should have read a posted link.