Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to itguy05

Re: Too Little Too Late

said by itguy05:

I'll take my virtual keyboard thanks.

Especially now that voice recognition software makes even typing on a virtual keyboard not needed most of the time. I talk to my smartphone to type messages and send txts.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

CosmicDebri
Still looking for intelligent life

join:2001-09-01
Port Saint Lucie, FL

said by FFH:

said by itguy05:

I'll take my virtual keyboard thanks.

Especially now that voice recognition software makes even typing on a virtual keyboard not needed most of the time. I talk to my smartphone to type messages and send txts.

I'm sorry.... am I the only one who thinks this is hilarious?? I used to joke about people using voice recognition to send texts...... WHY NOT JUST TALK?????
--
Follow Your Bliss -- Joseph Cambell
I reject your Reality and substitute my own! -- Adam Savage, Mythbuster

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by CosmicDebri:

I'm sorry.... am I the only one who thinks this is hilarious?? I used to joke about people using voice recognition to send texts...... WHY NOT JUST TALK?????

Because my younger relatives don't talk on their smartphones or even answer voice calls. They communicate by txt msgs; Facebook IMs; and very occasionally with emails. Voice is for really important things - like someone died or my car broke down & come and get me.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

CosmicDebri

Port Saint Lucie, FL

That's just sad..... but apparently true.....

People text more than talk..... most likely because they are texting when they CAN'T talk.... like in class, at work, in the operating room......
--

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

1 recommendation

reply to CosmicDebri

said by CosmicDebri:

Because it's way faster for me to use Siri to say "Tell Andrew I'll be there in 5" than it is to find his name in the address book, dial him, wait for him to pick up, say "Hey Andrew, I'll be there in 5 minutes.", wait for him to respond, use the normal pleasantries to end the conversation, and then hang up?

I've never understood the "WHY NOT JUST CALL" people... Do you really not understand the difference between one way and two way communication, or interactive and non-interactive communication?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

CosmicDebri

Port Saint Lucie, FL

oh.... so I guess it's acceptable nowadays to talk AT people not TO them..... that's how I understand your one way/two way communication analogy......

This is what they call 'Social Media' or 'Social Interaction' these days..... once again I have to say... how sad......
--