uniqs

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to JB9

to JB9

Re: [MoP] MoP Progression Thread

Great tips there McBrain!

We only had about half an hour on it last night. It seems like a pretty simple fight really. If your platform teams can kill the panda fast enough it's basically gg for the fight it seems.

Really hoping to get a few heroic kills in before 5.2. We've finally started to beat the attendance boss more regularly and our guys are getting used to each others playstyle enough to know what to expect.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Yeah, platform is the key mechanic of the fight...that and not letting too many adds stack up on Sha's platform.

Make sure everyone knows to los the fan of knives type ability that the platform dude has and just unload on him as much as possible. The faster you kill him the more smoothly the fight goes.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

1 edit

JB9

Premium Member

Ugh, we wiped @ ~5%. Hopefully dies tonight. I was literally .5 seconds away from not being hit by his reaching attack.

(Actually, I should say, being killed, it took 3 of them to kill me ^_^)
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

Cptbeatstix

said by JB9:

Ugh, we wiped @ ~5%. Hopefully dies tonight. I was literally .5 seconds away from not being hit by his reaching attack.

(Actually, I should say, being killed, it took 3 of them to kill me ^_^)

You shouldn't be getting hit.....=D

Eumaeus
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus

What a rough night... don't you hate those days where everyone's just *off* and it's brick wall after brick wall.

Ended up not getting back to Sha because our "quick" HoF clear ended up taking all night (along with not having time to do Empress). Looks like we'll have to wait for next week's raids to push for the 16/16 mark.

People just kept doing all kinds of "well, that's a wipe" stuff lol. Many thanks to Arsinic though for coming along with us to fill in for our MIA healer.
bpoff17
join:2009-03-31

bpoff17

Garalon has died!

Wind Lord to 48%, we were well ahead of the enrage, but someone stepped in a bomb....

6/6 MV 3/6 HoF

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Cptbeatstix

Premium Member

to Cptbeatstix
Oh, I know, we got behind on one of the platforms and no1 stepped in to tank, anyways that was our first night.

Last night we downed Sha. 2nd or 3rd attempt, so it took us about 15 attempts or so, solid. 16/16N on to H now.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
said by Eumaeus:

What a rough night... don't you hate those days where everyone's just *off* and it's brick wall after brick wall.

Ended up not getting back to Sha because our "quick" HoF clear ended up taking all night (along with not having time to do Empress). Looks like we'll have to wait for next week's raids to push for the 16/16 mark.

People just kept doing all kinds of "well, that's a wipe" stuff lol. Many thanks to Arsinic though for coming along with us to fill in for our MIA healer.

Hey... I thought you and Steve had aggro on Garalon when I charged in.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Eumaeus

to Eumaeus
My priest is so scrub Glad I was able to halp. I'm sure if you guys would have gotten that 1 last pull in you'd have finished HOF easy peasy.

Eumaeus
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Goggalor

to Goggalor
Haha it was a very brave charge indeed. You're right I did have aggro when you charged, he just applies his first pheromone based on proximity so he spewed his beetle goo on you just for being closer.

It was pretty sad that the one time we had a premature hearthstone was the one night our warlock died to the internet availability boss lol.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Eumaeus

Premium Member

to Eumaeus
Amber Shaper sucks ass. We tried to clean up HoF after killing Sha, wiped a bunch of times due to construct fails. Oh well.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by JB9:

Amber Shaper sucks ass. We tried to clean up HoF after killing Sha, wiped a bunch of times due to construct fails. Oh well.

I have only ever once been turned into a construct in that fight, which was last night, when we actually downed Amber shaper as the last of the raid died.

I was listening to DBM countdown thinking that was when I was needing to interrupt, but the countdown was for when the cast was going to happen, so I missed the interrupt because I had used it too early.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to JB9

to JB9
said by JB9:

Amber Shaper sucks ass.

One half-wit will cause you to lose this one. Back in early December we spent a ton of time on this guy. Basically when everyone had had a go in a construct was when we were able to down him for the fist time.