All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd to Wolfie007

to Wolfie007

Re: BB10 launches Jan 30

Well if you look into the gaming industry, the head of each gaming company introduces a new console rather than asking someone under him/her to do it. I guess most people expect the leader to step forward first.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie007

Premium Member

It depends in part on the size of the company. Some large tech companies in my experience would hold huge product conventions where the CEO might give a brief keynote speech or might not be there at all. Nobody really cared. Steve Jobs changed all that because he was the icon of the company and its driving force and really had cult status among the Apple crowd. I don't necessarily think Tim Cook should be doing them either but it's hard for him to relinquish a sort of iconic tradition. Mostly it's common sense, though -- let the best people do what they're best at.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim

MVM,

said by Wolfie007:

Mostly it's common sense, though -- let the best people do what they're best at.

Common sense... I agree.

I doubt anyone finds Heins a good public speaker. So there I sat waiting for the BB launch, and for the record I've never been interested in or watched a launch before, and I was only 1/2 listening and frankly a bit bored. So imo they blew that part of it big time. Here's the thing..... still following and not leading is what I saw. Pretending to keep up with Steve Jobs even after he's dead.

Do they have a great product? I believe so. I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy one actually and I've never bought v.1 of anything.

Their presentation makes me think that their corporate mandate is not 'think outside the box and lead' or that presentation would have been different.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

J E F F4

Premium Member

BlackBerry doesn't need a Steve Jobs type presenter. Apple doesn't have one either now that Jobs is dead. But they do need a company spokesperson. Someone that you can put a face to the name.

Heins reminds me of this friend I have, she's German too, no sense of humour, very logical and analytical. I recall saying something funny and I had a response that a computer would give.

That british/indian guy they had afterward might be a good spokesperson.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

I posted this at Crackberry but Heins' facial expressions reminds me of the Trololol guy

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· m6N1IYuc

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by BigSensFan:

I posted this at Crackberry but Heins' facial expressions reminds me of the Trololol guy

(youtube clip)

LOL!

Family Guy!!!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Tu8G3y68