uniqs
share rss forum feed

SlowFITL

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

What happens to fiber to the curb?!?

I live in a rural subdivision that is serviced by fiber to the curb. AT&T has sat on its cheap ass and refused to upgrade the system here leaving us with 6 mb dsl as the top offering. Cable isn't available either. I find it hard to believe that AT&T isn't capable of profiting in this subdivision with upgrades being that there would be no competition among 50+ homes. If they shut us off I won't ever use anything attached to their name again.

BTW, I have asked David with AT&T direct support if he knows what the plans are and was simply ignored. Typical AT&T support!
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

Re: What happens to fiber to the curb?!?

First David helps when he can. As far as the plans, NOBODY knows them expect the higher ups in AT&T. As far as your subdivision not having U-Verse try going into an ENTIRE city where the average income is $500,000 and homes are in the millions, U-Verse VARDs all over but no service. AT&T will turn them on when they feel like it.

SlowFITL

Mobile, AL

David could have responded with a simple "I don't know", but he didn't. Instead I received no response. I stand by my statements.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

1 recommendation

said by SlowFITL:

BTW, I have asked David with AT&T direct support if he knows what the plans are and was simply ignored. Typical AT&T support!

I didn't ignore you... I have no answers for you... big difference. Truth also is I talk to a lot of people, sometimes I get back to everyone, sometimes I forget what I work on, or sometimes I clear my screen and don't know what I just done. I am only human sorry!

As far as the big plan for your area: Truthfully, my chances of finding out what "the big plans for (insert your area here)" are well beyond my reach. My snowball's chance in hell is if there is any construction going on and sit back and observe. Your chances out there are much greater than mine are here. my chances of finding out about your area are about as good as me winning the power-ball illinois lottery.

I help where I can, it's the best I can do.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

SlowFITL

Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

Very well... I knew it was a long shot and I didn't expect you to know anything about my particular area. All I wanted to know is if AT&T has a plan for the fiber to the curb that Bellsouth built out to over 1 MILLION of AT&T's land line customers. A simple "I don't know" would have done and at this point is what I would expect from AT&T. You would think that something that affects that many darn customers wouldn't be a secret... especially when AT&T starts talking about disconnecting 25% of its land line customers! YEAH THAT'S RIGHT! 25% of us! I for one don't want LTE and will refuse to pay inflated prices because AT&T sees an opportunity to shake its customers down for more money. These facts are buried in the details of AT&T's plans. AT&T should have some information for inquiring customers when they start talking about disconnecting people!

Let me now ask you... Did you even inquire about my original question? I am quite certain that SOMEBODY at AT&T knows something.....

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by SlowFITL:

Let me now ask you... Did you even inquire about my original question? I am quite certain that SOMEBODY at AT&T knows something.....

I inquired down there a while back... Last answer I got back was is they had no ETA for upgrades or uverse at this time.

SlowFITL

Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by David:

said by SlowFITL:

I inquired down there a while back... Last answer I got back was is they had no ETA for upgrades or uverse at this time.

Things have changed since then...

»www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=2···id=35661

AT&T is now talking about disconnecting 25% of its territory.

SlowFITL

Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
said by David:

said by SlowFITL:

OH... And thank you for your response. I do realize that you aren't perfect and that you aren't responsible for AT&T's decisions.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
theory being you are FTTC currently. I don't see why they don't upgrade it. Since it's fiber already there just as well take advantage of it. So in your case, in theory, it would make sense to upgrade you. Now how will they go about doing it or when. Not sure, no one knows the answer to that.

However keep in mind that is just a theory.

Putting it another way: If I wreck my car tomorrow I might have to go buy a new one. That doesn't guarantee I will go to Weber Chevrolet and buy a car straight off the lot from them. While I am sure Weber Chevrolet in Granite city, IL would appreciate the business. It doesn't guarantee that I will buy a new 2013 traverse or 2013 avalanche from them, even if I had the cash in my pocket.

Now if there is a 2008 saturn outlook there really discounted I could be interested. However, price is everything.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

SlowFITL

Mobile, AL

HEHE... I'll take a 2008 Outlook vs the 1999 technology I'm driving.