uniqs
share rss forum feed

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to rocks911

Re: The RG6 Compression fitting blues

If there was not tv or a router in the rooms when FiOS was installed then the installer would have had no reason to install a bigger splitter and as was stated, the more splits, the bigger the signal loss.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

said by kes601:

If there was not tv or a router in the rooms when FiOS was installed then the installer would have had no reason to install a bigger splitter and as was stated, the more splits, the bigger the signal loss.

I know it varies by ONT but when I got mine installed (2006) the signal out of the ONT was so strong they put attenuators on the line. The same result could be managed by using a 'too big' splitter.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

said by blue_trooper:

said by kes601:

I know it varies by ONT but when I got mine installed (2006) the signal out of the ONT was so strong they put attenuators on the line. The same result could be managed by using a 'too big' splitter.

Attenuators were used when VZ was supplying an analog signal. That has not been the case for several years now.
--
“My horse fights with me and fasts with me because if he is to carry me into battle, he must know my heart and I must know his or we shall never become brothers.
-Plenty Coups, Chief of the Crow”

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Ahh, didn't know it was due to the analog signal. Good to know.