All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
radougherty
join:1999-07-23
Austin, TX

radougherty

Kicked AT&T copper to the curb years ago.

High prices, slow DSL speeds not due to length from RT but it's as fast as they sell pushed me to cable for Internet and phone. Would be willing to give U-Verse a chance but they decided to stop rollout on the other side of the street for our development.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

ATT = Hypocrites

said by Bill Neilson:

Oh, except when the government helps them

out

"In an example of corporate welfare at its finest, AT&T effectively paid no federal taxes in 2011. In fact, thanks to lucrative incentives and corporate subsidies, the telecommunications company walked away with a giant taxpayer-subsidized $420 million refund."
»stopthecap.com/2012/08/1 ··· -refund/

Exactly !

It's sickening to see these loaded companies with CEOs like
Randall Stephenson making out like a bandit, willing to accept money from folks barely getting by in the real world economy, while they likely spend some of that taxpayer money on lobbyists that are trying to kill the last remaining consumer protections.

I don't disagree with progess, BUT plain old telephone lines is what ATT has and they should be forced to maintain that network as long as they are getting taxpayer funding.

Wireless is IMPRACTICAL for ordinary consumers because it is TOO expensive for what one gets, and it still isn't as reliable as the old copper land lines.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

the tax payer funding can be moved to AT&T Mobility as well. The same as Sprint has done and others. POTS is on the way out though and people need to realize it. They'll start letting areas rot to the point where you won't use service and they'll offload them to others that want them. And too expensive? $45 for unlimited everything??? I don't see how that is expensive on wireless.

Also many others don't pay taxes either but nobody else complains about them.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

I don't need "unlimited" everything.

Contrary to the belief of executive manglement I have a budget and 45$ IS TOO MUCH and many other consumers agree.

Just because these companies want to give you more stuff you DON'T WANT OR NEED doesn't make it a better value. It is still more than I and others want to pay.

You need to get that concept through your head.

CosmicDebri
Still looking for intelligent life
join:2001-09-01
Lake City, FL

CosmicDebri

said by 15444104:

I don't need "unlimited" everything.

Contrary to the belief of executive manglement I have a budget and 45$ IS TOO MUCH and many other consumers agree.

Just because these companies want to give you more stuff you DON'T WANT OR NEED doesn't make it a better value. It is still more than I and others want to pay.

You need to get that concept through your head.

+1 to you bro..... all this 'value added' nonsense is just that... nonsense. It only makes sense to ATT, offering stuff that costs them nothing, or knowing you won't use it anyway just to add 'perceived value'.

I still have just a lil ole dumb phone, cuz if I want to access the web while out and about, well..... my laptop has a much bigger screen that any other type of mobile device, and I only need one. I don't need a 'smart' phone just for of all the useless apps they push, and a tablet to watch video cuz my 'smart' phone screen is too small, or stream Pandora or whatever 24 hours a day.... I could go on..... but ya'll get the gist....