Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

1 edit

Trying to get BFBC2 patch to install

Trying to install the newest version but after it's done the bad company screen comes up saying that the newest version is the one I already downloaded so I don't know what it's doing.. I got it from a torrent so it was in a winrar format and extracts, then opens up the BC2 splash screen to only tell me that my version is out of date without ever upgrading.

I downloaded the torrent patch from gamefront and my BC2 is on origin.

TruSm0ke

join:2005-07-21
Michigan

If you purchased the game through Origin it should already be up to date. Origin installs updates as they come through the pipe.

Are you sure your version isn't the latest already?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Click for full size
said by TruSm0ke:

If you purchased the game through Origin it should already be up to date. Origin installs updates as they come through the pipe.

Are you sure your version isn't the latest already?

I'm sure it's a new install which is why I'm not sure why it has an old update.. each time I try and run it this pops up.

TruSm0ke

Michigan
Reviews:
·Comcast

Did you already try using the update you downloaded from the torrent? It might have messed with your installation files and now BFBC2 stops trying to update if it sees modified files. This is just a theory of course.

Have you tried the usual: restarting your PC and trying again and/or re-login into Origin by logging out and then manually putting your login/password back in.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Click for full size
This is what the torrent file contained from gamefront.. just clicking on the updater program just brings me right back to the message saying my version is out of date.

I rebooted and restarted origin but still has no effect on anything.

TruSm0ke

Michigan
Reviews:
·Comcast

How long has it been since you downloaded it from Origin? I agree, this is very odd. I might have to suggest what most people dread to hear: you might have to redownload the game, install, and try again. Origin should install any updates that you'll need for their games. So, don't use any 'outside' update packages from torrent sites.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by TruSm0ke:

How long has it been since you downloaded it from Origin? I agree, this is very odd. I might have to suggest what most people dread to hear: you might have to redownload the game, install, and try again. Origin should install any updates that you'll need for their games. So, don't use any 'outside' update packages from torrent sites.

I downloaded it last Saturday... the thing about the origin patcher is it has no resume function and it's slow.

it plays fine without the patch.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

TruSm0ke

Michigan

Does it play ok both single AND multiplayer? If you can still play online with other people, then you should be fine then.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Single is fine online I haven't bothered to try because you wont find many servers that have the old version.

TruSm0ke

Michigan
Reviews:
·Comcast

Right. Well, if it does what you want it to then I wouldn't bother messing with all this. If it bothers you and/or is restricting you from playing online, then you will most likely have to just uninstall it, redownload and install it all over again. I've had to do this a few times for some games I've downloaded on Origin. For some reason, they were corrupted and I had to redo the whole process again. After that, I've had no problems. I'm thinking that's what's gonna have to happen here.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

I hope I wont have to do that

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Subaru

lol I feel dumb... it works.. turns out while I was still getting the message my version was out of date I just had to click on YES to update. I thought it would just go right ahead and update.

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to Subaru

lol... thanks for the laugh man.

"Do you want to update to the latest version?"

I'm stuck guys!!

Sorry I'm laughing at you, but that was pretty damn funny.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

2 edits

said by Dissembled:

lol... thanks for the laugh man.

"Do you want to update to the latest version?"

I'm stuck guys!!

Sorry I'm laughing at you, but that was pretty damn funny.

Well it did not word it that way.. it worded in a way saying my version was out of date and telling me what was the current version in which I had already downloaded.. however clicking yes instead of downloading what I found out is it will use the patch file I downloaded instead of downloading again.

But now I have another issue the system locks up at the screen where it says do you want to join a squad for some reason.. I tried twice and still locks up.

Going to try the driver update next

Got into a game but then froze up
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN

said by Subaru:

Well it did not word it that way..

Is it wrong I'm still laughing about this?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by Dissembled:

said by Subaru:

Well it did not word it that way..

Is it wrong I'm still laughing about this?

Clicking it just took it to download