Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

grantsa4

join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

Preferred Bundle W/o HD

Hi,

I am planning to sign up for Comcast in the next week.

I spoke to a Comcast sales person yesterday who was telling me I could get basically the HD Preferred Bundle without the HD part for $10 less. In my area it would be 109.99. The HD preferred is normally 119.99.

So, I was confirming everything with an online chat agent this morning and they said that the package isn't available in my area and my only options were Starter bundle for 99.99 or the HD preferred for 119.99.

Does anyone in Illinois have this package, or has anyone heard of the Preferred without HD for $10 cheaper?

I was basically looking for the Starter bundle, but to get the Preferred channels and the sales lady had said that the 109 pkg was what I was looking for.

Thanks for any advice.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

What else is in the 'bundle'? If you only want TV, then just the standard Preferred package should be available.

grantsa4

Naperville, IL

It's the full triple play bundle - phone, 20 internet and the preferred tv, without hd - at least is what was explained to me

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
reply to grantsa4

said by grantsa4:

Does anyone in Illinois have this package, or has anyone heard of the Preferred without HD for $10 cheaper?

I believe this bundle was discontinued f/new subs; hence why they told you it wasn't available.
If it's any consolation, you DO also get Starz included as part of the HD preferred bundle...

grantsa4

Naperville, IL

Thanks - I did see that, re Starz. Just wasn't something I was looking for - that mid range 109.99 pkg was perfect for what I was looking for for the entire triple play bundle, but will have to hunt for another solution.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

Online chat and sales people dont have the same promotions available. One might be available from one and not the other.

grantsa4

Naperville, IL

Rody, so would you suggest just calling and seeing if they can offer it to me?

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Whoever said they would give it to you is who i would order it from. You said comcast salesman. That could be anyone from a best buy kiosk to a person knocking on your door to a sales person from your local comcast office. Whoever offered it document it and go with it. Comcast will honor if its a mistake with documantation.

grantsa4

Naperville, IL

I called Comcast to find out more details and try get my prices down and the lady I spoke to gave me that info