spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bluebutter
@embarqhsd.net

bluebutter

Anon

Is there an outage in N. Las Vegas?

Centurylink customer here....can't connect to yahoo domain, can't read email.. tried on two computers and both have the same problem so doubt it's malware on my end. can sometimes access yahoo going through mail.yahoo.com but it's off and on and spotty, so only sporadic access to email. All other sites and domains work fine. Only yahoo.com is out. Just putting this out there in case anyone at Century Link knows of something wrong or can report back on this forum. thanks.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

If all other sites and domains are working without issue, then there is no outage, just a problem with Yahoo.

bluebutter
@embarqhsd.net

bluebutter

Anon

hmmm, well, if it's just yahoo, then it must be restricted to this area in N. Vegas ...if anyone else in Vegas, NV is having a yahoo connection problem, please post so we can all know that it's happening. I've checked yahoo outage forums and can't seem to find anyone else having the problem....friends in So. Cal aren't having a problem. Is there any way I can track this down? I've used ping and tracert, both seem erratic. Ping shows 100% loss although apparently that doesn't necessarily prove anything. I can't connect using the IP address either, tried several that are used by yahoo and can't get a connection. thanks again for any updates or info...

five337
@embarqhsd.net

five337 to bluebutter

Anon

to bluebutter

Re: Is there an outage in N. Las Vegas? - YAHOO

There is something going on with Yahoo and centurylink.

I called centurylink and talked to someone that was obviously very irritated about answering the same question about yahoo. The rep was very rude.

The CenturyLink rep told me that the entire state of Nevada can't access Yahoo.com due to Yahoo's servers. He said that its all ISPs, not just centurylink.

I know this isn't true because I can use COX or AT&T and get to Yahoo.

You are not alone - but until they quit pointing fingers at each other - it may be a while before it gets fixed.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark to bluebutter

MVM

to bluebutter

Re: Is there an outage in N. Las Vegas?

I am on Cox and can get to Yahoo just fine.

bluebutter
@embarqhsd.net

bluebutter to five337

Anon

to five337

Re: Is there an outage in N. Las Vegas? - YAHOO

wow, thank you SO MUCH, I appreciate you calling them. I've had a death in the family yesterday so when I couldn't get my email without jumping thru hoops and checking my computer for viruses and everything I could think of , it was just like, "what next", can't believe this is happening. As you say, obviously it isn't ALL isp's because you can get it thru Cox, etc. Centurylink is acting sucky and rude! Hopefully now that people are on it and they know what's up, it'll get fixed asap. I somehow doubt that the entire state of NV is down for yahoo, I've looked and looked for anything online about this and found nothing, so I think they are handing people a line of b.s. But anyway, thank you so much, at least now I know for certain it isn't my computer or malware/virus. bless u for your help.

five337
@embarqhsd.net

five337

Anon

Glad I could help.

I've confirmed that it is just with centurylink / yahoo.

Now when you call CenturyLink at 18776463282 there is a recording that states that all Nevada ISPs are having a problem with Yahoo in Nevada and there is no need to talk to a technician. They blame Yahoo for the problem.

COX / UNLV / CSN / CLEAR all have no problems getting to yahoo.com
five337

five337

Anon

And it looks like everything is fixed now. You should have no problem accessing Yahoo.com now.

bluebutter
@embarqhsd.net

bluebutter

Anon

Unfortunately I still cannot get to yahoo.com domain directly, I have to either go through mail.yahoo.com or login.yahoo.com to access email which is a pain and I have to log in and log out to access different email accounts. So if any Centurylink techs serving the N. Las Vegas area are reading this, please take note that not all your customers are up and running properly yet. If it's not fixed in the next day or so 100% I will have to call them and find out what's up. But thanks again for your help on the forum and if there's anyone else in my area having yahoo.com problems with Centurylink, please post so others can have info and share what's happening.
bluebutter

bluebutter

Anon

update: it's working okay for me now. I had altered my hosts file when all this started to try to point to a functioning yahoo IP, so I removed that alteration and now things are working. If anything changes or starts having problems again I will let everyone know. Thanks again, this is an awesome site/forum!